Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Oh I am!!! She's such a joy. And so smart. She does sit, give paw, lay. She waits for my “okay" before going to her food dish. She's almost house trained. She doesn't chew anything. And that's all since she was four weeks old. She's amazing!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Took the girl to a parade and a 4H heifer show today. Trying to socialize her to as many people and other animals as much as possible. She got loves from tons if people and other dogs! She was so well behaved. She didn't mind the bagpipes, horses, or cattle... marching bands on other hand NOT SO MUCH!!!

·
Registered
17,910 Posts

Gypsy Rose at 12 weeks and 30lbs!

This is my guy at about 12 weeks. ;-) There may be some things in common there.

Pretty, pretty girl.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Possibly. I was originally told that her Mom was Great Pyrenees x Maremma, and Dad was a Carpathian Shepherd. But having done a fair amount of research I knew that the Carpathian Shepherd part wasn't right. I confronted them and found out her Dad is purebred GSD. Either waywe love her. But she's going to be a big one.

·
Registered
17,910 Posts
Possibly. I was originally told that her Mom was Great Pyrenees x Maremma, and Dad was a Carpathian Shepherd. But having done a fair amount of research I knew that the Carpathian Shepherd part wasn't right. I confronted them and found out her Dad is purebred GSD. Either way we love her. But she's going to be a big one.
Well, hey. I don't actually know what Thud is but given his behavior and the area our best guess is GSDXLGD of some sort. He's about 120lbs, but he's more heavy than huge.

He's also a LOOOOT of dog, and not just (or even mostly) because he's a big guy, but mutts man. You never know exactly what you're going to get. There are more pictures here: http://www.dogforums.com/dog-pictures-forum/132378-thuds-picture-thread.html if you're interested. Me talking about him's all over the place.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow he's beautiful. If I had to guess I'd say he has roughly the same breeds as my Gypsy (though there could be some Anatolian in there). Just he has a slightly longer hair more like the pyr and Gypsy has a shorter one like the GSD. Though her puppy coat is shedding now and its coming in coarse and slightly curly. She's going to be a beauty I think. We've also fought the don't chase the cats battle. And we still are. She caught a claw to the eye lid and had blood coming from the corner of her eye but still wants to chase them. Its a slow battle but we're finally making head way.

·
Registered
17,910 Posts
I had to go digging, but.
Thud started with crazy puff and landed here.

But we actually had a strange stage with this:
[/IMG]

Weird as heck. I don't know what it was, I don't know where it came from, but he actually had a curly coat for a little while. It all shed back out, but it was kind of cool and I miss it - even if he is softer, now. I'll be interested to see what your girl's fur does, and she's going to be beautiful no matter what.

Anyway, yeah. There... Thud was pretty good when he was a baby. And he's pretty good now. I'm... pretending the period between about 7 months and 18 months didn't exist. Teenagers, man.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow he's just so handsome!!! The more I see of him when he's older the more I'm thinking there's some Anatolian in him. They're a rather large and beautiful dog. And do have a shaggy type coat too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Lol yea no kidding eh! She's growing like a bad weed. But I just scored a 12.5x6x6 kennel for her for $180!!! Second hand but in great shape! Going to pick it up tomorrow.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yea she's a big girl. He mom is Maremma x Great Pyrenees and just found out her Dad is actually a purebred German Shepherd. Both were over 100lbs. Gypsy is about 38lbs now.

81 - 99 of 99 Posts