Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our nearly two year old ACD mix has developed a little cough in the past couple days. We are on vacation in the mountains and we've been running the dogs with the 4wheeler all through the mountains.

I think its just a little sore throat from running so much in the cooler air, and I was looking for some home remedies that we can do while on vacation. She doesn't seem to be in any pain and is still bright and alert with no discharge, just the cough.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
9,366 Posts
Doesn't look like anyone else has a suggestion, neither do I but you might consider these:
1. My main assumption is that the dogs are having trouble in the much drier air, so try Google for things that might help.
2. Sounds like the same thing that a person gets by exercising in higher altitudes and much drier air.
3. Sounds vaguely similar to exercise-induced asthma. It is Not asthma, but the symptoms may be similar, so relief might be similar.
4. If you have a druggist close-by, tell them your 16 yo son (who normally jogs on the beach) was jogging for a couple of miles and has a cough. ... Then, apologize after he helps out and say it's really your dog...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts