Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago I heard about Littermate Syndrome when I was trying to figure out why my bitch was so bitchy!

Today, for the first time in her life, after 3 months of walking the dogs separately, Sacha pooped outside of our yard! :rockon:

She tends to run a bit nervous in her personality. She was always so focused on Bob, and whatever else IDK, that she never once peed or pooed on a walk. She's been peeing on walks since the second week of separate walks.

Anyway, I wanted to post this here, b/c who else could I celebrate this with? My non-dog friends just wouldn't get it.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Congratulations! It is a big deal when something gets resolved! :D Good job!

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
I'm so happy for you! Its great when all your hard work finally starts to pay off!

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
I know what you mean about nondog friends, that's why I love it here, too! I'm so glad you're seeing progress. These sorts of things can be hard, slow slogs and it every little success is so wonderful.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks everyone! I wanted also to mention that it has been 2...maybe 3...months since we've had a tussle upon arriving home. They used to always greet us together when we opened the gate. Then Sacha started getting snarky with Bob about his excitement. Now we have it worked out where Sacha dashes to one area, Bob to another. The we get really happy separately, and switch.

Sigh. It makes me so relieved.

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
Glad to hear things are going well!!!! I know exactly what you mean about not having real life "dog people" to talk with. :)

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DH took them out on a walk together tonight "just to see." When I got home he said Sacha is 'too naughty' to walk together. I love the way he said it. Then he asked "Why won't she let him get in front of her?"

Personally, I really enjoy the 1-on-1 walks.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
I also like one on one walks. It is just so much more individual quality and bonding time IMHO. :D Plus ... my three get rowdy together at times. They even pull each others harnesses off and things. :/

When my littermates used to go for walks ... I kept it individual 95% of the time.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, wow, pulling off each others' harnesses! The little brats! lololol

I also like one on one walks. It is just so much more individual quality and bonding time IMHO. :D Plus ... my three get rowdy together at times. They even pull each others harnesses off and things. :/

When my littermates used to go for walks ... I kept it individual 95% of the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts