Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you can believe it......my Scottie only carries on when I get out of the car to go into the grocery store. My spouse is sitting in the car with her, but when I get out of the car she carries on like she's being tortured. If one of us is in the car, it can be a real problem. Don't ask me why, but the bank parking lot causes her real anxiety, where carrying on goes full volume. I have never seen anything peculiar or unusual at the bank, other than she sees me go in and come out a short time later. If we go the drive-in, we don't hear a peep because the tellers give her biscuits.

I really don't know how to tackle the problem other then telling her to cool it and give her treat if she does. I hate thinking we shouldn't take her with us on those excursions, there are two things that are the "favorites" in her life, Cheerios and rides. She is otherwise very well behaved in the car other than the circumstances described above

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Plan your excursions so that when you go out your both get out with the dog and take her with you on a walk etc.

If she is going to stress up a storm on errand day when one stays in the car with her that is probably no fun for her either. When you just are going out to do errands she is simply better off left at home.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts