Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are off to Lily's first Agility class. My first too. Hope we do well!
Lily is the one on the left. (I think they are really just herding the little sheep toy :D)

[/IMG]

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Good Girl Lily. Have fun and take care of your mom. :) I can't wait to hear how it went.
I just have to add, I want to kiss Lucy's ears. They look so soft and kissable. :)

·
Registered
610 Posts
You will do fine....but I remember how I felt...I was soooo nervous. LOL....And I almost didn't stay with it, as Willie is a reactive dog......BUT with the nice people I meet there, we are now looking forward to our first trial with CPE next month......so, have fun!! :D You will let us know how much fun you had!;)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
An update!
I think Lily did really well. First, let me say that, I am not the person taking the class with Lily, my daughter (age 10) is. Of course, I am there hovering and learning too :D

All the other people there are adults, my daughter, Lindsey, is the only kid. The instructors did not treat her much differently - they were really nice & very positive. Hopefully she will not get bored as kids sometimes do. But this is not her first class with Lily, and, the instructor at the other class suggested that Lindsey take agility with Lily.

I was proud of Lily because, while other dogs were very distracted by each other, Lily stayed calm with Lindsey

I don't remember all the correct terms for things, but here's what they did:
They worked on the tunnel - which Lily went right through.:)
They worked on walking on a long plank on the ground - which Lily would not do very well, so we will try to make something like that at home at practice.
They worked on having Lily come up 'close' to Lindsey by her side.
They worked on 'wait'.
And they worked on stopping on a little square tile.

It was fun, and the hour went by really quick. There seems to be quite a few dogs in the class, but they put us in a group of just 3, and an assistant instructor with us all the time.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Sounds like the first class went well :) That is great your daughter is wanting to get involved! I am on a waiting list for some agility classes with my dog, I can't wait until the next ones start up and we can get in!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like the first class went well :) That is great your daughter is wanting to get involved! I am on a waiting list for some agility classes with my dog, I can't wait until the next ones start up and we can get in!
It must be a really good class if there's a waiting list! Hope you get in soon.:)

·
Registered
181 Posts
It must be a really good class if there's a waiting list! Hope you get in soon.:)
Thanks! I have a friend who took some agility classes there and she recommended them to me, said they were awesome instructors so I'm guessing that's why it fills up so fast! I'm hoping we can get in there by the end of May/beginning of June. I think my dog and I would both love it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts