Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what it is, but he is just BURSTING with energy everytime it's raining and/or he's wet.

He just wants to move and run and sniff and go crazy outside when it's raining.

Same applies when he's just wet (say from a rinse or something) he just moves around and is playful and energetic - like I have a different dog.

I wonder what this is - I mean, right now he's messing around with the blankets and is trying to find food in them (and there isn't any in there...) while normally he'd be laying down waiting for me to get up again.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
My dog did the same thing! It was like she had the maddies! ANd we live in an apartment, I swear she was ripping the rug from trying to make turns!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I dunno.. Zoey does it too.. Every time she gets a bath she wants to race around the house like mad as soon as she gets out of the tub! It must just be fun for her to be wet or something :p

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
My dog did the same thing! It was like she had the maddies! ANd we live in an apartment, I swear she was ripping the rug from trying to make turns!
Yes, exactly! I went downstairs to get the clicker for some shaping (hoping maybe to take some edge of him) and heard some thump, thump, thump. He had gone and nearly tripped himself and the rug had slid like 5 feet from where it was!

Good to know I'm not the only one with a dog that's crazy when wet! :D

Oh and no, the training didn't take the edge off, but it was one of the best sessions of shaping recently.

I dunno.. Zoey does it too.. Every time she gets a bath she wants to race around the house like mad as soon as she gets out of the tub! It must just be fun for her to be wet or something :p
Yeah - maybe they like the way the air feels when they run while wet. Maybe because they aren't wet often, it feels different and that excites them or something.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts