Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with this pet food, feeding or distributing?

What are your thoughts?

I'd appreciate your response.

Thanks,
DBZ

P.s. Hi! I'm new here.

·
Banned
960 Posts
I am always skeptical about a Dog Food that won't list the ingredients on their web site, but just give a general list of what is in the food. That way you can't tell if the food is primarily grain based or not, and what additives it may have in it. What are they trying to hide?

Here is the list from the Dogfoodproject.com web site

Life's Abundance

Ingredients:
Chicken meal, ground brown rice, potato product,chicken fat (preserved with natural mixed tocopherols (vitamin E)), dried beet pulp, brewers dried yeast, natural flavors, flax seed meal, egg product, fish meal, salt, calcium carbonate, potassium chloride, l-lysine, carrots, apples, canola oil, alfalfa leaf meal, celery, lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, lactobacillus casei fermentation product, bifido bacterium bifidium fermentation product, streptococcus faecium fermentation product, aspergillus oryzae fermentation product, whole clove garlic, spinach, grape seed extract, vitamin E supplement, ascorbic acid, biotin, niacin supplement, d-calcium pantothenate, vitamin A acetate, riboflavin supplement, vitamin B12 supplement, thiamine mononitrate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, menadione dimethyl-pyrimidinol bisulfate (source of vitamin K activity), citric acid, vitamin D3 supplement, folic acid, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, zinc proteinate, iron proteinate, zinc oxide, copper sulfate, manganese proteinate, copper proteinate, manganous oxide, sodium selenite, calcium iodate

Guaranteed Analysis
Protein: 26%
Fat: 16%
Fiber: 4%
Moisture: 10%

I think there are better foods out there like Canidae, Natural Balance, Innova..etc.. They also do not contain Menadione.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am very familiar with Life's Abundance. I switched my dogs to Life's Abundance after the first band of recalls came out and I am very pleased. The food is made with human quality ingredients and they DO list their ingredients on their website. It is also made fresh and shipped right to my door. There are no by products, no artificial colors or chemical preservatives. I just went back and checked before writing this and I don't see where menadione dimethyl-pyrimidinol bisulfate is listed in their ingredients. I'm not sure if I am permitted to post a link on this board but If I am I can send you the lik so you can see for yourself how the food is made, the ingredients and some comparisons to other name brand foods. I feel confident that my pets are eating safe, healthy food.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the replies!

Does anyone know how "Life's Abundance" compares to "Eagle Pack" and what the approx. cost per mo. to feed a 45 lb., 10 1/2 y/o ACD (Blue Heeler) would be?

Thanks,
DBZ

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you allforcanis but I didn't see a comparison to Eagle Pack and I still have no idea how much a 20# bag of either brand costs?

I'm thinking that when an example of how many cents per day something might cost is given but not how much a bag sells for, then it must be pretty darn expensive then , huh?

CP, are you out there? I've noticed while reading other threads you feed Eagle Pack. How do you buy it (I don't care much for buying something that needs to be shipped). Is the price a secret?

I might consider placing an order for a top of the line food not available in my area if I thought it was really worth it and others might be interested too.

Life's Abundance sounds great on their website and promises a good income is possible by becoming a distributor. I wouldn't be interested if it wasn't all that's advertised. I have to believe in something before I can recommend it to others. Also I'm leery it may be some "Amway" type multi-level mktg. deal, in which case I'd prolly not be too anxious to get involved.

Thanks,
DBZ

·
Registered
12,761 Posts
CP, are you out there? I've noticed while reading other threads you feed Eagle Pack. How do you buy it (I don't care much for buying something that needs to be shipped). Is the price a secret?
I have options. I prefer to buy bulk online, however, if I'm running low I do know of a few pet stores in my area that carries Eagle Pack. I've found it to be cheaper to buy online as the ma and pa pet shops seem to place a high margin on Eagle Pack. I can buy a 33 pound bag of Holistic Chicken for $40, including shipping. There may be better online options than my source.

I too would also consider Canidae and Innova.

·
Banned
960 Posts
I am very familiar with Life's Abundance. I switched my dogs to Life's Abundance after the first band of recalls came out and I am very pleased. The food is made with human quality ingredients and they DO list their ingredients on their website. It is also made fresh and shipped right to my door. There are no by products, no artificial colors or chemical preservatives. I just went back and checked before writing this and I don't see where menadione dimethyl-pyrimidinol bisulfate is listed in their ingredients. I'm not sure if I am permitted to post a link on this board but If I am I can send you the lik so you can see for yourself how the food is made, the ingredients and some comparisons to other name brand foods. I feel confident that my pets are eating safe, healthy food.
Here is the web site link, and I couldn't find any ingredient list like the one I posted with the Menadione from The dog food Project.

http://www.dog-food-zone.com/dog-food-info.html

Here is the link to the ingredient list on the Dog food Project
http://forums.dogfoodproject.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=dogfood&Number=140&Searchpage=1&Main=139&Words=abundance&topic=&Search=true#Post140

·
Super Moderator
11,433 Posts
Life's Abundance sounds great on their website and promises a good income is possible by becoming a distributor.
Just don't anybody imagine you're going to be distributing it, or any products, on Dog Forums. Spam messages are deleted and repeat offenders are banned for life.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seems my huntch was right. I went to the site listed above (dogfood project.com) and saw where Life's Abundance was described as a multi-level bus. I don't believe I'm interested in something of that nature.

Thanks for the info and help,

DBZ

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Seems my huntch was right. I went to the site listed above (dogfood project.com) and saw where Life's Abundance was described as a multi-level bus. I don't believe I'm interested in something of that nature.

Thanks for the info and help,

DBZ
Good idea! When I was first trying to figure out what to feed the pets, I ordered a sample of food from their website. Their ingredient list is no better then Purina!

What a crock!

Of course, my pets did not eat the free sample. I just threw it away.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts