Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DH, Libby, and I went cottaging with DH's extended family this week. It's a tradition on his dad's side... the whole family has been going to the same cottages for a week in July for the past 27 years. It's so much fun! We were lucky, the weather was great this year!

Since we don't have the opportunity to get Libby in the water very often where we live, she has never learned to swim. She will wade, splash, and stick her whole head under water, but will not go deeper than she can touch (see http://www.dogforums.com/8-dog-pictures-forum/54698-teaching-libby-swim.html )... UNTIL this week!!!

Now, she's swimming like a pro! I don't even know how it happened... she just went for it this time! She was going out about 50 feet by the time the week was over. Here's a video... focus on the dog, not me!

Here are a couple pictures of DH trying to convince her to jump off the dock!

More...

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Libby was very busy this week! Boat rides every day (which she loved!) while we fished, being chased by DH's little cousins, going for morning runs, and staying up late by the campfire really kept us all busy! However, Libby figured out right away that the cottages are a place for relaxing.

Keeping my seat warm:

In the "Batcave":

Chillin':

Really, really tired after swimming:

More!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Keeping my seat warm again... she was a real mama's girl this week:

I love the colors on this photo!

That can't possibly be comfortable...

All tucked in for the night!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Great pics, I love the one of her on the brightly colored towel. What a fun week.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Lol, I like the "this can't possibly be comfortable" shot. Dogs (and cats, for that matter) are so bizarre...

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol, I like the "this can't possibly be comfortable" shot. Dogs (and cats, for that matter) are so bizarre...
That's my favourite one, too!

·
Registered
981 Posts
I am so anxious to get my Pom to a lake. I have let her swim with me in our pool but it isn't a lake. Headed north to a lake very shortly but the weather forecast is cold. Oh pooh.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
She's a natural swimmer! Looks like a great time! We don't have water either. The only place my guys have been in the water is in the baby pool...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts