Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
True that sometime things happen.. I have 4 dogs in my house and I generally don't leave the house , but when I do I, however, leave them almost all togueter, despite breeds/size difference. I have a pitbull mix, german shepherd mix, corgi mix and rottweiler mix and they all get along when I'm around. But if I leave the house I will put my pitbull mix in a different room, because him and my rott mix have fought before quite a few times, to the point of needing vet attention... both of them were rescue and it did took them a while to get along. However now they don't fight anymore but I wouldn't take the chance to leave the togueter just yet, if ever.

It's all about how your dogs react togueter, my GSD and rottie mixes love each other, always togueter, they do everything togueter so I always leave them at home alone togueter with my corgi, since my rottie mix and corgi have quite a special bond. It makes them way too anxious if I separate them..

So you'll see, if they are super close, I would leave them togueter but if they don't like each other so much, better not take any risk. But honestly if you're able to seperate your house in two section for your dogs, keep them separate forever, better safe than sorry!

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
I keep my dog and the fosters separate when no one is home with the exception of one foster. She was a senior basset hound with Addisons, they both pretty much ignored each other so I didn't really worry about anything happening between them. All other fosters are either crated when no one is home or have a door between them and my dog. If and when I get a permanent second dog they will certainly start off separate and MAYBE eventually be left free together. Totally depending on their relationship

21 - 22 of 22 Posts