Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I see threads on here about lucky rescue mutts, cute little toy dogs and some good lookin' mixes.. and those are all great..

But how about the dogs that some people pass up because they don't stand out in the dingy kennels.. the dogs that people fear they will not be able to read the facial expression of :)rolleyes:)..

The black dogs!

Post their picture, or their story, whatever you want. Doesn't matter where they came from or what they look like, as long as they're predominantly black.

I'll post mine later :)

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Eddie, Black Lab. I found him as a stray when he was 3 to 4 months old.

Eddie celebrating his 2nd Birthday last month.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
This is Baylee...

She is a Rottie mix that was rescued when she and her litter mates were going to be drowned. We've had her for only a week and I couldn't imagine being without her already lol!

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's Marge. She's a rescue from Georgia (I'm in NY) and I've had her about 4 months, just one week after she came in to the shelter/rescue I volunteer for.

Somehow I guess that's comfortable for her. She does this all the time! And note the stuffed toy in the background.. it's no longer stuffed. She's one of those dogs who has a fixation with shredding stuff up and killing the squeaker as quickly as possible :p

·
Banned
572 Posts
This is Thunder. He's a 7yo (will be 8 in early Jan) black Shepherd/somethingorother? mix we got from the Manhattan Bide A Wee in June '01. Have him since he was about 5 months old ...

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
This is Matrix. Hes a 5.5 year old standard poodle. He was my second foster puppy for dog guides of canada, but ended up have hip dysplasia, so he was disqualified and I loved him so much I just had to keep him. At age two, it was discovered he's also epileptic. Even with his health complications, I'm glad I made the choice to keep him.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Lloyd, we have had him for a year and 3 months or so. He will be 2 on x-mas eve, he was 8 months old when we got him.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
My dog, Hunter is mostly black and he has dark chocolate eyes. I'm at school now so I can't put a picture up of him, but that's him has my avatar picture. He a bit like brindle but hes mostly black and I love it. Hes a cattledog/shepherd mix.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Great thread, I had my black rescue lab for 15yrs before she passed away we had her as a pup. I love seeing all these pictures!

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Your dogs are all absolutely beautiful. How nice to see big and small, young and old, purebred and mixed dogs all come together. Keep them coming!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Okay so three of my four pups are black. I have always had a thing for black animals. (dogs & cats) Maybe it's because I always root for the underdog!

This is Roxy:

(she is our little diva!)

This is George:

(Isn't he turning into a beautiful dog?)

And this is Winnie:(w/George when he was younger)

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Okay, Indy and Lizzie staged a protest overnight by destroying a body pillow and I can only figure that they felt left out.

So here are my other two black dogs. :p (Yes, all 5 of my dogs are black.)

Lizzie @ 9 weeks last winter - she came home a year ago next week!

And Indy in the bluebonnets, spring 2007 - he was 6 at the time we took this photo.

Wabana, Viggo is gorgeous!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts