Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here play any of the Legend of Zelda games? Ocarina of Time is definitely my favorite. I first got that game when I was 13. It was released on November 23, 1998. I got it the day it came out. It's been ten years since I first got it, and I recently beat the game again. I remember my dad bought the soundtrack for me. For a year, it was the only music I would listen to.

I posted a couple of videos on YouTube of me fighting two of my favorite bosses. I put my camera in front of the TV while I played the game.

Twinrova battle

Ganondorf battle (that is where my user name comes from. He's my favorite character).

·
Registered
434 Posts
You are absolutely awesome. That is my favorite game of all time, I've been playing it since I was 5. :D I had to have beaten that game at least 5 times now, it never gets old. IMO, none of the other Legend of Zelda games are as good as Ocarina of time.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A Link to the Past is considered by a lot of older fans to be the best. I played it before Ocarina of Time was released, and Ocarina of Time is my favorite. I got the gold N64 cartridge version of the game as well as the GameCube version. I prefer playing my N64 one, even though it looks kind of blurry.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I loved OOC, and TP. XD

And YES, Twinrova was one of my favourites, too. XD

I think Epona's song will be the next tune I teach Amante, my male cockatiel. He already has the winning-end-of-battle theme from FFVII down. XD

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Count me in as another Zelda fan!! My husband and I both ADORE Ocarina of Time, and Twilight Princess. :D

Katzyn - you are a fan after my own heart. :D That is AWESOME. I would love to see a video of your bird performing!!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got Wind Waker the day it was released as well. But I only beat it for the first time ever last year.

On Ocarina of Time, I remember being afraid of Wallmasters (those hands that come down from the ceiling that grab you). I'm only now starting to get over that fear. Before if there was one in a room, I would try to get out of there as soon as possible. When I re-played Ocarina of Time, I was able to lure them down from the ceiling and kill them. I'm still a little scared of them, but not as scared as I used to be.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I balked for the longest time, getting WW...But I finally got it and loved it~! Not as much as TP and OOC, though. =3

Hehe, Nekomi. =3 I'll try, but it's difficult to catch him in the act.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I love the Legend of Zelda games! Ocarina of Time is one of my favorites, though I regret to say I have yet to beat it. I'm almost all the way through Twilight Princess... and I was on the very last part of Windwaker when my little brother wiped the file off my memory card. I haven't found the motivation to go all the way back through the game yet.

Katzyn: that is AWESOME. I would like to hear too, if you manage to catch him doing the tune! :D

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
I've been playing Zelda games since the original Legend of Zelda came out in 1987 (yikes, I feel old!). I remember beating it for the first time! I do love the original, though my other favorite is Phantom Hourglass - it's just fun to play through! I also liked The Minish Cap and Link to the Past.

To be honest though, I really never got into Twilight Princess.

·
Registered
434 Posts
On Ocarina of Time, I remember being afraid of Wallmasters (those hands that come down from the ceiling that grab you). I'm only now starting to get over that fear. Before if there was one in a room, I would try to get out of there as soon as possible.
Haha, I used to be afraid of those too. :D :rolleyes:
I hated that temple (Forest Temple). The temple with Bongo Bongo in it as the boss had to have been my favorite (with all the invisible floors, awesome shoes, and such.) I don't know why I don't remember the name of it...

P.S. I'm such a dork that I own my own ocarina, and can play a few Legend of Zelda songs on it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The temple with Bongo-Bongo in it is the Shadow Temple. My favorite one is the Spirit Temple.

I also have an ocarina. My dad bought it for me years ago because I was doing good in school. It's blue and has a Triforce on it, kind of like the one in the game.

·
Registered
434 Posts
That's awesome!!! Mine's only a small one with 5 holes, barely an ocarina, but I can still play some cool stuff on it. I was planning on getting a Legend of Zelda one sometime. Maybe next time the Ren fair is around...
My least favorite temple had to have been the sand temple, such a pain in the butt that was...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I guess by sand temple you mean the Spirit Temple, since it was in the desert. The water temple was one I hated the most. I remember it taking me all day. But now I can finish it a lot sooner.

I took a photo of my ocarina just now:

·
Registered
434 Posts
That is absolutely amazing. :eek: Where did you get it?
And yeah... Spirit Temple, sorry, I haven't played the game in a while, so I kinda forget some of the temples' names... :p
I hated walking through the desert... and those guards in the fortress before the desert. Omg, they were annoying...
Water temple, yeah, that one was boring because you always had to change the water level, and then the part where you fight your shadow is just annoying.

I actually have the study guide for the game somewhere in my closet... it's amazing how it barely helps. But at least it tells you how to get the big sword and find the skultulas, happy masks, magic beans, and heart pieces. (Wow I feel like a dork)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is where I got it: https://www.songbirdocarina.com/

The site looks very different from when I first went there. It was kind of plain-looking. My dad called the store to order because something screwed up when he tried to order.

I just got my dad to watch me fight the two final bosses (Ganondorf and his monster form).

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I have only played one Legend of Zelda game, and that was for the game boy color...I don't even remember what it is called. I remember the plot was something along the lines of this girl gets captured by an evil witch and time is screwed up. Link travels to the past and present to try to stop the witch. I haven't even beat it. I got stuck in a dungeon somewhere. X(

That being said, I thought it was a great game and would love to go and play all of the games. But before I do that, I want to try my hand at all of the Final Fantasy games. LOL So I'll be occupied for awhile.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have only played one Legend of Zelda game, and that was for the game boy color...I don't even remember what it is called. I remember the plot was something along the lines of this girl gets captured by an evil witch and time is screwed up. Link travels to the past and present to try to stop the witch. I haven't even beat it. I got stuck in a dungeon somewhere. X(

That being said, I thought it was a great game and would love to go and play all of the games. But before I do that, I want to try my hand at all of the Final Fantasy games. LOL So I'll be occupied for awhile.
That's Oracle of Ages.

I love the Zelda games too, Ocarina of Time is definitely my favorite. When people tell me Majora's Mask was the best, I'm like... are you crazy? I love the GB games too.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Majora's Mask scared me. I was a wimp back then. I had nightmares about the moon for a while. But maybe I will try playing it again. I have the N64 version as well as a GameCube version that comes with some other Zelda games. The GameCube one is glitchy and freezes a lot, though. It's not just mine, but many people have a problem with that version freezing.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts