Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2 year old Tibetan Terrier and noticed lately she sometimes walks on 3 legs holding her back left leg up. If i gently move it i feel it click back into place and then she's absolutely fine again. Has anybody experienced this with their dog.

www.lovetibetanterriers.co.uk/blog

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
I am not a vet or can say for sure what your dog has ..... But Abbylynn my Dobie/Rott was just diagnosed with this .... Luxating Patella ... where the knee joint doesn't fit properly and goes out of place. I can manually put it back in place when it slips out. I took her to the vet for it.

You should see your vet to be sure this is what it may be or if it is torn ligaments and such. The dog may need some meds.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Sounds like luxating patella. It's generally not painful, just uncomfortable, as the kneecap slips to one side. It can be corrected with surgery, but sometimes just strengthening the muscles in the hind end can be enough to be able to avoid surgery.

It's certainly not an emergency (if it is luxating patella), but bring it up with your vet next time you're in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts