Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
@storyist I used dog sports as one example of a case where an adopter with no yard might be able to provide a high-quality outlet for an energetic. I know that's not most people, even when counting people who do sports classes for fun and don't plan on competing, but it's not impossible either. I don't know what kind of demographic vanee's dealing with or how popular or accessible various dog sports are, nor how do I know how many avid hikers are in their area, or whether there's accessible dog-friendly swimming options. But even if any or all of these things are uncommon, I don't feel it invalidates my point that eliminating adopters on the basis of them not having a yard - or needing to crate a reasonable amount of time - runs the risk of eliminating really good potential homes, and that the adopter's lifestyle, experience, and plans for the dog should be a bigger deciding factor than the property they live on.
i agree...i think its possible to crate a dog as necessary within reason without negative effects as long as they get plenty of activity otherwise... ive read things like “don’t even think of having a dutch shepherd without a yard”... i say BS.... might be a challenge... but doable...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.