Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog keeps finding food on my front lawn.
Lately:
Cooked Chicken bone
Large Chunk of what I hope was cheddar
Hamburger buns
Corn cobs
peanuts in shell

This is deep in my yard not on the curb. Is this normal? None of this could have come from my trash.
My best guess is some other animal is leaving this stuff. Probably the murder of crows that hang out at my house. I dont do bird/squirrel feeders but the house across the street does. I also have bunnies and squirrels in my yard :mad:

He also finds stuff on walks too but that seems less weird and can be blamed on sloppy neighbors. ( this morning it was a rib bone and a wad of silly string:hungry:)

I dont want my dog eating this trash. Can anything be done about this other than working on the comands drop and leave it?

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
OMG i knew we couldnt be the only ones. when school is in session, toby always goes to this bush on our nightly walk, and pulls out a whole peanut butter and jelly sandwich. we are literally in hysterics every time it happens- our theory is that a kid throws his sandwich out the bus window every day.

he checked it dutifully tonight, but he doesnt know the kids are in summer :pound:

·
Registered
591 Posts
Be careful !! I once had a dog poisened by someone tossing tainted meat into my yard !! Someone had put antifreeze into the meat and killed 6 dogs in my neighborhood in one day including mine !

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Be careful !! I once had a dog poisened by someone tossing tainted meat into my yard !! Someone had put antifreeze into the meat and killed 6 dogs in my neighborhood in one day including mine !
Thats horrible. I'm sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
147 Posts
My mom finds food, usually bones in her back yard. She says that it is the crows, because you cannot get to her backyard easily.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
That is horrible! I don't think I knew this! It wasn't Odie was it? I feel so bad! :(

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Skunks, maybe? Everyone puts out their trash the night before trash day because the trucks can be unpredictable, 10am one day, 5am the next. Every Tuesday morning I have to wrestle something away from Kabota the entire morning walk because the skunks tip over the trash cans, rip open the bags and spread garbage everywhere. I've ended up with diapers in my yard. The closest baby is 5 houses down.

Trust me, I feel your pain.

·
Registered
591 Posts
That is horrible! I don't think I knew this! It wasn't Odie was it? I feel so bad! :(
No it wasn't Odie Abby, it was my female border collie, Corona about 10 years ago. Some kind of wild animal got Odie. we think a moose stomped him but will never know for sure.

·
Banned
6,240 Posts
Our neighbors used to dump food into the extra lot next to my mom's house. Funnily enough we eventually sold that lot to them... lol!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts