Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When one of my pets dies, I make him or a her a scrapbook. I don't really do a lot of scrapbooking on a regular basis, but I do make greeting cards, so I have all the materials. Making the books themselves is sort of cathartic and browsing through all the pictures in one spot is nice, once I don't feel so sad.

At any rate, I took a few last minute pictures of Clifford yesterday, knowing that I was having him put to sleep today. None of them are very good, but they celebrate an outstanding dog.

Little round dog eyebrows

He was most comfortable on the grass in the backyard. I think the bees were his tiny best friends and I imagined that they sang him little bee songs.

He liked to eat grass. He would rip it out of the ground like a cow, but he also liked to be hand fed because it was hard for him to stand up long enough to get to the grass on his own.

Smooshy face

-More-

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Serious face

Goofy face

Hugs

And kisses

Thank you for looking.

·
Registered
981 Posts
That is so sweet. Sorry to hear about your dog dying. How old and what happened?

I did something like a scrapbook of one of my dog's life's also. I think it helps.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Snuggles. He was only about five years old, but he had terrible hip dysplasia and arthritis. He had gotten to the point where he was having trouble controlling his elimination and was in so much pain he couldn't sleep through the night. He's definitely better off now, but that doesn't really make me less sad.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Oh gosh FB, When i came on here I saw your 2 threads right away.. I read all the way through each on with tears in my eyes. I wish you peace through this.. I admire what kind of love that boy got in this short time. God bless luv.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Ok, now I am officially crying. Clifford sounds like an amazing dog. What a blessing to have shared time with him. God bless you for doing right by him. I am sure he will be waiting for you in heaven.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Clifford looked very happy...and ready. You did the right thing no matter how hard it is. You thought of Cliff's well being and not your own feelings. It is the true measure of how much one loves an animal to see and understand the pain, and to end peacefully. I know you were with him while he went to sleep and he knew he was loved beyond measure.

All my best to you. I know your pain and it will get better.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Oh my gosh. I am sorry. Was it all because of hip dysplasia? My one dog had it until she died at thirteen but she didn't die of that. I am so sorry to hear this.

·
Registered
546 Posts
((Hugs)) I'm so sorry. He looks happy in his last moments, even though he was in pain. You did all a human could possibly do for a dog and I know he loved you for that.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Oh, wow, I thought he was a lot older than five. Poor dog - he was in so much pain. You are a strong person to have done all of that for him, and also for ultimately making what I'm sure was a hard decision. These pics have me tearing up.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
The last 2 pictures are the most special treasures. I am so happy you have them to remember that he loved you to the very end. Thanks for sharing with us.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Oh, wow, I thought he was a lot older than five. Poor dog - he was in so much pain. You are a strong person to have done all of that for him, and also for ultimately making what I'm sure was a hard decision. These pics have me tearing up.
I agree. I had tears in my eyes when I saw those pics. So beautiful yet so sad.

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
FB...just responded to your other thread.

The pictures are gorgeous. Clifford was truly one of a kind.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Clifford looks like such a sweet old man (even though he's only five). He looks so handsome and gentle and happy to be with you. You had to make a terrible and hard decision, but I think you did the right thing, the kind and loving thing for your special boy. Thanks for sharing these pictures. (((hugs))) to you and Alvin.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
A lovely tribute to a sweet wonderful boy. Our thoughts are with you and Alvin during this difficult time FB

·
Registered
431 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about Clifford, it is nice that you can make a scrapbook on his life.

·
Registered
306 Posts
So sorry to hear about Clifford. I'm glad you got to spend that time with him.
He looks very sweet. Remember the good times and know that you did what was best for him even though it was really hard for you. He was lucky to have you.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts