Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday was a big day for Lark.

She has never seen a dog of any other breed before, till yesterday when my friend brought her small white poodle mix over. The dog is 13 pounds lean so just a tiny bit larger than Lark herself.

At first Lark was very scared always sitting off to the side and just watching the dog, if the dog came near her she ran away. If the dog came near her and she couldn't run away she snapped at him.

After an hour Hawkeye and the poodle mix (a neutered male) began playing and this greatly intrigued Lark. She walked towards them and stood there watching, sometimes the Mixbreed would take a playful shot at Lark and she would run a safe distance away and then immediately turn around and walk back up to them and watch again.

But by 3 hours into the visit Lark and the little Mix were tearing around the house and wrestling like littermates. She had only ever seen aussies up until this point so a small white dog was quite a culture shock for her, and for her age(10 weeks) I think she overcame any fears she may have had very well. I am excited to get her into a puppy class with all sorts of other breeds around. She showed a great ability to be totally thrown out of her comfort zone and come out on top.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
That is cool ... I bet she had fun. :) The world is just now opening up for her ... hope she does well. :)

·
Registered
252 Posts
hahaha! Opal was the same way!!! She was terrified of other dogs that weren't Cardigans. :)

She still doesn't like labs, but I think its because they always get up in her face.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fun to watch her figure it out, I bet. Fun for her, too, to realize that fun could come in different packages! :)
her eyes got real big when she saw that an adult dog can be the same size as her and come in solid white. She also sniffed his tail a lot I like to joke she musta been thinking "what's this thing?" lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts