Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had someone from another group tell another member that if you're going to feed Kibble to a Large Breed Puppy it is best to feed Large Breed puppy food that an All life stages food is the last thing you should feed???? Everything I have heard from this group as well as a couple others says the exact opposite...That there is very little difference between a Good Quality All life stages food and Large breed Puppy?? I am now confused???? I was always told that as long as Protein levels are between 24-27%, fat levels between 12-15%, Calcium/phosphorous levels are no more that 1:1.5% ratio, and the first two to three ingredients are meat it is acceptable to feed??? Can anyone clear this up for me???

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the verification that I am not nuts... lol I have heard and read so much about the nutritional needs of Large and Giant Breed dogs, and the fact that Puppy food (for the most part) is nothing more than a marketing gimmick that hearing someone actually promoting it threw me for a loop....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.