Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We rescue dogs that is not quite any more, or wanted. At the moment we have a daxie that were kicked by his owner and just left. When we found him he had no skin left on his legs the way he dragged him self. We do not know how long he were in this state. He had a back operation had cage rest, now to get him to walk. He has feeling in his feet but it is almost if the brain is not sending the message to the feet. If I use his tail to help him walk he moves his legs a little bit but do not like it, cant blame him. If I use a belt around his body his legs does nothing. Please help what we can do for this boy he is such a sweetheart

·
Registered
363 Posts
Oh poor thing. So glad you rescued him. I don't know the answer to your question but hopefully someone will see this that does.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Depending on your location, you may want to consider physical therapy. Seeing as he had major surgery and has probably not used his legs in quite some time, I think it would be super beneficial.

If you can't find or afford physical therapy, petsmart even offers hydrotherapy. They have a treadmill in water and that can be a great way to build strength.

Ask your vet (and/or the vet who performed the surgery) for tips on rehab or for a referral to a facility that can help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts