Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so yesterday I successfully managed to talk my mother into taking all of us to Lake Lanier here in Georgia.

It was absolutely beautiful! Sunny, warm enough for capris, but still slightly chilly enough that the bugs and bees were kept at bay.

It was Donatello's first trip to a lake! He really started having a blast, but we could only find a small patch of beach that was all rocky and muddy, so we couldn't stay long- There wasn't much for my sisters to do.

Donnie still had fun! He romped around, and I was finally able to coax him into the water, where he walked like a cat with socks on it's feet! lol!

First things first was to eat! Everyone was starving, so we found a secluded Pavilion overlooking the water.

Here's Mr. Donnie, looking ravishing on his beach towel, enjoying the sights, sounds, and smells!

Here we all are trying to find our way down to the water.

-MORE-

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
-CONTINUED-

And we're off!

Here's where my mother takes over the camera, I don't feel comfortable taking it that close to open water! lol!

You can't see us, but Donatello and I are on that muddy looking beach, where as my mother took the girls to a dock.

-MORE-

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
-CONTINUED-

I look quite unbecoming in all of these shots. -.- But Donatello had fun!

Here he is, inspecting the water and the sticks and grass afloat around our feet!

We were both stained orange! lol!

-MORE-

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
-CONTINUED-

Here we are, home again at last! We got to the lake at 12:00 and didn't get home until a quarter to four! Donatello was pooped!

Thanks for looking!

Who knew that a fun-filled day would end so horribly like a can of "worms"!

-END-

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Last night is when I found out he has worms... A not so perfect ending to an amazing day.

Well, Donatello is gaining some weight, a lot more than when he first came home.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Looks like a lot of fun. But, why is the water orange, and why did it stain you?

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Dunixi, he's come a long way from that scrawny, bony frail mutt. : P

Musicmom116: The water wasn't really orange, have you ever heard of Georgia's Red Clay? Basically, from what I can gather myself and from others is that, Georgia doesn't really have much "dirt", it's more like red clay. So all of that was muddy clay... That stained me an orange hue. lol!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts