Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I took Kenda hiking on a trail that runs alongside Tellico Lake in East Tennessee. Temps were in the high 70s and the sun was shining - a truly beautiful day!

The water is still low (TVA lowers the lakes during the winter) so some neat rocks were exposed. Kenda went swimming and played in the shallows.

"Hey Mom! Where does this go?"

As we were hiking back...

...a barred owl started tracking us, and stayed with us for about a half mile. I'm not sure if he was hunting Kenda or hoping to catch any squirrels or rabbits she flushed out.

Or maybe he has a message for us from Hogwarts. :wink:

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Nice photos! The thing that struck me as odd is that in the first picture, Kenda holds his head in exactly the same way as in your profile pic/avatar! Coincidence?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Great pictures! What a wonderful area to hike!!!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
That is awesome! Reading the topic I was hoping it wasn't a mtn lion or something! Yikes! Beautiful pics! How neat!!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice photos! The thing that struck me as odd is that in the first picture, Kenda holds his head in exactly the same way as in your profile pic/avatar! Coincidence?
That's her "What, Mom?" exasperated pose, because I've called her to turn away from something far more interesting than I am.

The trails on TVA land (around here, not sure about the whole TVA system) are open to off-leash dogs, as are all the designated Wilderness areas. We spend a lot of time in the woods.

Kenda is 24 pounds of muttly goodness. Well, mostly goodness, with a bit of mischief.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Nice pictures; that seems like a nice place to visit for anyone with dogs. The owl was cool too; I'm surprised he was awake as they're usually nocturnal.

·
Registered
173 Posts
My wife and I are going to be moving to central Tennessee soon, and one thing we are looking forward to is the beautiful state parks. This place looks awesome!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dbulick - it's "Middle Tennessee." The three stars on the TN state flag represent the three regions: East, Middle and West, which are economically, culturally and linguistically distinct from each other and each region has its capitol (Knoxville, Nashville and Memphis, respectively.) Tennessee has fantastic state parks, an abundance of National Parks and Wildernesses, and TVA land and lakes. I hope you like it here as much as I do!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts