Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anybody here own or have experience with a Lagotto romagnolo? I know this is a weird two breeds to compare, but I've been looking into either a beauceron, or a Lagotto recently. I like the temperment of the beau, , the drive, and the ability to do IPO and other such sports. I've met several at dog shows, and I've handled a handful (I show and co-own a Standard Poodle, and I show a Beau in a junior handling program).

The reason I'm looking in to a Lagotto is because of their size, They would be easier to travel with, less overall dog to handle, and ect. I've always leaned towards the more medium sized breeds. Would also suit apartment living better when it comes to size. (of course only with regular exercise)

What is a lagottos temperment? I know they are high energy, active, with a willing to please. But what would a closer look at one look like? What are some things only somebody who often handles lagottos know?

I hope to do Agility, Flyball, Dock diving, Showing, ect with a Lagotto. Would one be able to keep up? the only downside I see right now is possibly not having the temperment for ipo

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Awe, He looks so lovely.

Sounds like just the dog I'd like to own, besides the clingy-ness. I do like my space. While chilling on the couch I'd rather not have a dog on top of me. I had to help guide my poodle away from me when I first got him, so I'm assuming I can train the dog to give me space? or are they super persistent?

I'll add barn hunt, or scent work to my list. I've been interested in them for awhile, but they aren't a sport I'm currently involved in.

Do you know of any breed clubs where I can scroll through breeders? My biggest hurdle right now is finding a breeder I like. My Pood came from Arreau, I can't find another breeder that comes even close to the quality of their dogs.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol, I'll keep that in mind. seems like all the breeders here breed for both conformation and sport which is lovely

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'm located pretty far away from washington, would she be willing to ship?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts