Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am one of those people who have trouble finding my bra size in a regular store (I usually wear a 30C but I have since discovered that I will need a 30D now). The only store nearby (that have bras at a reasonable price) that carries my size is discontinuing the size.

I think there is literally ONE store that will carry my size and I am not even sure if they will have them available in store since it's not a size that most people wear.

I am a uni student I do not have lots of money to spend on bras, but I don't want a weird lumpy shape either!! Argh.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
If you're being measured as a 30D, you should be able to wear a 32C comfortably, which I'm assuming should be a more easily accessible size.

:) Don't ask me why or how that equivalency has come to exist. It's just what I've been told whenever I am measured.

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
I hear ya! I was a 22DD or something... which was a REALLY odd size. Since getting pregnant and having kids though, I've um.. expanded so now I'm more "normal" 34-36DD It's still hard to find the size though, it friggin' sucks... sometimes I wish my boobs could just be normal... Like, last night, while WEARING A BRA, I managed to catch my boob, in the lid of my coffee mug and pinch it... -_- like.. come on, wtf.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you're being measured as a 30D, you should be able to wear a 32C comfortably, which I'm assuming should be a more easily accessible size.

:) Don't ask me why or how that equivalency has come to exist. It's just what I've been told whenever I am measured.
Yeah that's what they always tell me but maybe it's the shape of the bra but I find it very uncomfortable or it just does not fit right :( I need to make a trip to a store soon and try on a bunch of things. The other issue is that I do not care for extra padding. Everything is pushup!! :mad:

I hear ya! I was a 22DD or something... which was a REALLY odd size. Since getting pregnant and having kids though, I've um.. expanded so now I'm more "normal" 34-36DD It's still hard to find the size though, it friggin' sucks... sometimes I wish my boobs could just be normal... Like, last night, while WEARING A BRA, I managed to catch my boob, in the lid of my coffee mug and pinch it... -_- like.. come on, wtf.
Ouch!! That sounds so painful!! Honestly I was a B until just a couple years ago. I don't know what happened!! Still not used to the idea that I would be wearing a D cup now wtf!!

·
Registered
2,058 Posts

This is the thing for me. What do these sizes mean? Why are some sizes the same but others aren't? How can I fit into both a 30D and a 32C???? How??? What is this dark magic?

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
This is the thing for me. What do these sizes mean? Why are some sizes the same but others aren't? How can I fit into both a 30D and a 32C???? How??? What is this dark magic?
If you hold a 30D and a 32C up to each other, you see that you actually get more cup width and the extra two inch band gives more boob room.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
The larger the band size the smaller the cup size. The larger the cup size the smaller the band size.

I fit a 40H, I can wear a 44DD even though it isn't as supportive or comfortable as my 40H.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
I'm the same size 36DD and it is TOUGH to find good, nice looking bras in this size. I hate looking for bras and I'm going to be honest I have 1 bra this is like perfect a sports bra and another bra that fits perfect but it rubs against my ribs and it hurts so I have ta wear like shirts and then put the bra on over the shirt and then wear another shirt :(

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Try www.onehanesplace.com, they're reasonably priced and probably have at least a few in that size to pick from. (ETA: nevermind; they start at 32)

Ugh, don't even get me started. Bras are like torture devices, and they make the sizing weird to add psychological torture! :p I cannot wear an underwire without wanting to rip my boobs off after 2 hours, and they don't really sell soft-cups in 36-whatever is bigger than DDD. And American companies don't even make anything bigger than DDD! I'd get a reduction if I could get my insurance to pay for it.

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
Omg! I wear a 32D, but should wear a 30DD because I have a very small rib cage, but no one makes that size. I read that cup size is an expression of ratio between the band and the bust and you want the band to support, not the cups. When you have a brand new bra the band should be snug on the last clip on the back, as it stretches over time you adjust it down tighter.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I've never been so happy to be a 36B....lol

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Try www.onehanesplace.com, they're reasonably priced and probably have at least a few in that size to pick from. (ETA: nevermind; they start at 32)

Ugh, don't even get me started. Bras are like torture devices, and they make the sizing weird to add psychological torture! :p I cannot wear an underwire without wanting to rip my boobs off after 2 hours, and they don't really sell soft-cups in 36-whatever is bigger than DDD. And American companies don't even make anything bigger than DDD! I'd get a reduction if I could get my insurance to pay for it.
Yeah I love the look of balconet bras but they NEVER fit me right. They're always digging into my chest (like in the center where the cups meet) arghhh. I guess I should consider myself lucky since I could probably find wireless bras for my size!

Omg! I wear a 32D, but should wear a 30DD because I have a very small rib cage, but no one makes that size. I read that cup size is an expression of ratio between the band and the bust and you want the band to support, not the cups. When you have a brand new bra the band should be snug on the last clip on the back, as it stretches over time you adjust it down tighter.
Yes, you understand my torture! I too have a small rib cage, although it sounds like you would have more trouble than me in finding a properly fitting bra.

I guess I will try a 32C in all the stores then LOL For now I found a place where they had 30Cs for an okay price... hopefully they fit okay. I don't really feel comfortable ordering bras online, but it is what it is *sigh*

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with this problem! My god I was self conscious all day because I felt like my boobs were all bumpy looking and weird under my shirt :/

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
What I hate the most about bra shopping is that they always have sizes that are too large for me. I'm small up top, don't know my size by heart, and I hate those rims around the bras (they feel like hanger metal or something in there) and so I'm constantly looking. Right now I wear sport bras, but I have to look for more. And I'm never ever getting ones without straps again! Tried it and utterly failed and was at a wake too, so embarrassing!

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I have a related rant....that I think some of you will completely understand.....My hatred when it comes to any "chest gear" is the existence of strapless dresses. I was a bridesmaid recently. The dress that I ended up getting ("whatever you would like, preferably purple" turned into something she HAD to see me try on, in person which meant a VERY small selection), had "straps".....well those strap things were less helpful and supportive than a shoelace, and were for a dress intended to be strapless. I'm sorry.....strapless should NOT exist for anything over a B cup. I WAS a B cup until I expanded and gained weight after my accident and the meds I was on (weight gain is a universal side effect apparently), I am now a 32D (yeah....hard to find). Those Ds should NOT be left to the resources of a strapless dress!! I was wearing very high stiletto heels for 8 hours that day, and I found them more comfortable than that dress....I had a red line under my chest for days because of the "supportive boning" in the dress. It could have been trussed up looser, sure (it had lacing up the back), but had it been, there could have been some severe wardrobe malfunctions...... I miss my B cups, despite my initial thought after the weight gain that "at least SOME of it went to the right place"....NOPE....had I just turned into a "tube" without a chest I think I would at least be more comfortable (and they wouldn't get in the way of playing pool!). My aim is to not have to buy another bra until I lose the weight....at least I could find one my size easier!!
Sorry....end rant lol!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I have a related rant....that I think some of you will completely understand.....My hatred when it comes to any "chest gear" is the existence of strapless dresses. I was a bridesmaid recently. The dress that I ended up getting ("whatever you would like, preferably purple" turned into something she HAD to see me try on, in person which meant a VERY small selection), had "straps".....well those strap things were less helpful and supportive than a shoelace, and were for a dress intended to be strapless. I'm sorry.....strapless should NOT exist for anything over a B cup. I WAS a B cup until I expanded and gained weight after my accident and the meds I was on (weight gain is a universal side effect apparently), I am now a 32D (yeah....hard to find). Those Ds should NOT be left to the resources of a strapless dress!! I was wearing very high stiletto heels for 8 hours that day, and I found them more comfortable than that dress....I had a red line under my chest for days because of the "supportive boning" in the dress. It could have been trussed up looser, sure (it had lacing up the back), but had it been, there could have been some severe wardrobe malfunctions...... I miss my B cups, despite my initial thought after the weight gain that "at least SOME of it went to the right place"....NOPE....had I just turned into a "tube" without a chest I think I would at least be more comfortable (and they wouldn't get in the way of playing pool!). My aim is to not have to buy another bra until I lose the weight....at least I could find one my size easier!!
Sorry....end rant lol!
Just found a youtube video on how to make corsets and bras...Going to do it.

Wish me luck?

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
I am a 30-32DDD, and I am wearing a 34DDD because I can't find my size ANYWHERE. Its horrible. :p I can't find bras anywhere and when I do they cost about $65-80 each. ugh

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
LOL, I know like 3 women who say "oh, yeah, I just buy any old bra and it fits just fine!". They're all B cups. Literally everybody else complains about finding a bra that fits properly. I think American bra manufacturers really need to make some big changes.

I wear a 36DDD on a daily basis because it's the only one I could find that's inexpensive and wire-free, but it's too small in the cups, and too big in the band (probably should be a 34G or H). Bah.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I was wearing 34B's forever and then my friend's dragged me to Victoria's Secret and I discovered the magic of "sister sizes" and now buy 32C's. I'm not sure how they fair with larger sizes, but I can rarely find 32C's at say WalMart or Target (but I totally get sports bras there!). It's a little more expensive than I like, but I just buy one or two when they have sales going on. You can re-wear forever, sooo. I never have any luck with strapless though. Probably because I loathe most underwires...

Thanks for the link, Willowy, I'll have to check those out.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts