Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in Petsmart today and actually saw books on Labradoodles, cockapoos and another breed like that. I thought it was unusual since a lot of people say they are mutts but now there are books on them. hmm

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
it's a free contry and you can publish what you want, I'm sure somewhere in thoguhs books the word mix or mutt is used to describe the dogs

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would have looked inside to see what they had to say about them but I was holding one dog and my husband had the other.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I've seen Labradoodles in our local paper for $500.There is no way I would pay that kind of money for a mixed breed.What gets me is that people pass them off as "prebreds".

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Most dog books are not really accurate, it's more of a cut and paste and just changing the breed name. So why stop at the real breeds when with little efforts you can change the breed name and have a whole new book !

·
Banned
894 Posts
Maybe it's because they are popular choice for many families.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
I would think it must be extremely hard to write about the persoanlity and looks of a mixed breed because they have to cover both the breeds being mixed and eveything inbetween.

·
Super Moderator
12,177 Posts
Whatdya say we not rehash this again this soon? Maybe we can let a full week pass between threads of indignation over doodles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.