Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone i just adopted a 3 month old Lab Shepard Chow mix he is brindle with a white chest very lovable. hes up to about 25 pounds already. if anyone else has this breed i would love to see pictures and i would like to learn more about this breed if anyone one has some insite on them.

thanks

Dan & Danielle and now GUS

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
While he sounds like a beautiful pup....but he is not a
" breed"...he is a mix or mutt (which are wonderful):D

when you have a mix you can have very different looks even in the same litter...especially when you have a mix of more then 2 breeds

I would be interested to know where he got the brindle from ...since I've never heard of it in labs or chows...and I don't think its very common in GSD:)

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
If that's him in your avatar, he's a cutie! And I agree, Brindle is not a color in any of those breeds that you listed. From what I could tell, he looks like my friends boxer/lab mix.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
There is no such breed as Lab Shepherd Chow. What you have is a mixed breed dog. Mixed breeds are like the proverbial box of chocolates - you never know what you're going to get. Unlike a pure breed of dog, where one can make an educated guess as to what temperament & appearance will/should be, you just can't do that with a mutt. You can't even be sure your dog is lab/shepherd/chow. Probably just a guess from someone at the shelter.

Boxer/lab looks to be a good guess. Brindle can come from pit bull too...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im not really sure what he is the shelter did list him as those three breeds hes has some lab and sheperd features but his coloring is what seems to change everything. ill post more pics soon for a better look.

·
Registered
5 Posts
as long as you take the right steps to impliment structure and some formal obedience, you can control many aspects of his temperment. Socialize, exercise, and have fun with him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts