Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Man am I glad I read this post! I just inherited a lab/pitbull mix and she is an absolute sweetheart! I was telling my dad about her today and he flipped and said he wasn't coming to my house again because of the "pitbull genes" in her. I was pretty mad and I am glad that this is a combo that others enjoy as well. Proof I can show my dad. (;

·
Registered
294 Posts
The best dog I have EVER had was lab/chow/shar pei. I think she was more reserved like a chow, but was a wonderful dog. I think your husband has a right to be upset about not being involved, but the mix itself does not concern me.

·
Super Moderator
11,444 Posts
The best dog I have EVER had was lab/chow/shar pei. I think she was more reserved like a chow, but was a wonderful dog. I think your husband has a right to be upset about not being involved, but the mix itself does not concern me.
Just want to make sure that everyone understands that the OP posted exactly once three years ago and hadn't been back since.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Just want to make sure that everyone understands that the OP posted exactly once three years ago and hadn't been back since.
AHHAHA, you know I didnt catch that, HOWEVER I DID run back and make sure I wasnt the one who posted first in the past 3 years!HAHAHAHAHAHA

Looks like I have some pit bull researching to do! :)
AGREED!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
My sister wants a pit bull. I can tell her now that she doesn't have to worry about them being aggressive! I admit that I was COMPLETELY wrong about pit bulls!! And I'm glad that I'm wrong! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have female dog that is Half lab, 1/4 Chow and a 1/4 pitbull. she is rather hyper now but that was only because I had to leave her with a family member while I went away to school and this family member did not work with her and pay her any attention. Right before I got her back I found out that my family member was abusing her. When I got her as a puppy she was very good, calm and loving. She is right at a year old now and she is just as loving as always. has never bitten or even growled at anyone. she barks sometimes.
Over all she is a great dog. she will have puppies in end November to first December. The father is a Full Blood Yellow Lab.

I can understand him being upset about the not being included in the decision. If this dog was going to snap due to something then having been mistreated or abused would have done that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone have this breed of dog? We got our dog yesterday from the animal shelter and we chose her becasue of her calm demeanor. She seems to be a little jumpy so we think she has been mistreated. My husband does not like the idea that she has pit bull and chow in her. He says that even though she is very sweet right now something might make her snap. She just seems like a great dog, she has not even barked one time. Also, she has shown no sign of aggresiveness with our cats. My 13 year old and I have fallen in love with this dog and we are hoping to make my husband feel good about our decision!!!!!!!! My husband was a little upset with us for not including him in our decision making. My son and I went to the shelter to look at puppies and came home with another dog that has a history!!!!

Any updates to this... I'm wondering how your pup behave since I just got a puppy with the same mix.. lab/chow/pit? My husband is scared she might be aggressive as well when older.

·
Super Moderator
11,444 Posts
Any updates to this... I'm wondering how your pup behave since I just got a puppy with the same mix.. lab/chow/pit? My husband is scared she might be aggressive as well when older.
There won't be any updates. The OP posted once 11 years ago and hasn't been back since.

Her dog probably killed her.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I don't know about the OP's dog, but my American Pit Bull Terrier is just as sweet (and more scared of one of the cats) at five years as when I adopted her at one year.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts