Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dog has always been good and not doing wrong things.. but from a few weeks ago she's just barking ALL the time and going places she knows she's not allowed to go.. and she's begging for food way more then she use to and she is also constantly starring at me crying :( help

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Go to a vet and get a complete blood workup. Anytime you have a radical change in behavior with no change in your living arrangements, then you need to look into medical things.

Are you exercising her less due to the weather?

At 8, she's at the age where they can begin to get diseases like Cushings, that can cause ravenous appetites (causing trash can raiding, counter surfing, etc).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah we recently took her to the vet for vaccinations.. i don't know if they did blood tests though.. and yeah i admit im taking her for walks less because living in norway is ice everywhere..

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
yeah we recently took her to the vet for vaccinations.. i don't know if they did blood tests though.. and yeah i admit im taking her for walks less because living in norway is ice everywhere..
YakTrax are great for ice. Google them. You slip them on over your shoes, and can even jog on ice in them. I have a pair and sent some to my mom in NH. We love them! Only about 30.00

·
Registered
9,369 Posts
And, at 8 yo, I think your Lab wants more exercise. My Lab is 11 yo, and he 'complains' when we miss just one day of his 30 min. walk.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts