Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone here has purchased a Kuranda bed for their pup. I have an 8 month old terrier/lab mix who absolutely destroys all of her dog beds. I have bought her like 4 so far and they've all lasted a day or two ?

At the moment I only have fleece blankets in her crate but I don't think that's comfortable enough! Maybe I'm being too sensitive, it just seems like it would be uncomfortable to lay on there with no support/padding.

The Kuranda beds look like they might be pretty surdy but I'm not sure they'll be more comfortable than the crate itself. Thoughts?

·
Registered
11,420 Posts
I think that style (there are a couple brand options) are best suited to larger spaces like yards and kennels rather tha a crate. A crate would be significantly reduced in size by height for one. They also dont give that burrowing feeling.

Several fleece blankets are a great crate bed. Safer than towels or cotton blankets if the dog chews them because they dont shred into long strings but rather into small bits, and the dog can move them around to how they like.

My adult pitty has a crate with 4-5 fleece blankets with an open door so she also has access to a room with a floor rug and a futon. 99% of the time when she is alone, she picks the crate and shuffles the blankets to suit the temperature in the room.

I like the kuranda type beds for outdoor use with damp or frozen ground though.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
I've several and personally like them. I tried a similar type but one of my dogs tore it up. I use them indoor inside crates and kennels. I've also used them outdoor in a couple kennels.

I've had the one in the photo 8 or 9 years, it has some chew marks on it, but it's lasted a long time.

Attachments

·
Registered
278 Posts
The kuranda type bed was the only bed our doberman wouldn't destroy. We usually put a fleece blanket on top. Not sure how it would work in a crate though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts