Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So once again my dogs have fallen into the old "god, kibble for dinner/breakfast again" schtick. In another post I mentioned discovering the wonder of the KONG. Well, because I was bored and my dogs were busy nomming their KONGs I came up with a healthy KONG stuffing idea.

Katie's Healthy Homemade Kong Stuffing

1 Apple, cored, and cut into smaller pieces

2 Carrots, cut into small pieces

1 Pear, cut into small pieces

1-3 dog biscuits, broken into smaller pieces

1/3 cup of kibble

2 teaspoons of honey

1 even tablespoon of chicken stock mix

Blend it all together via food processor and et viola watch your doggies enjoy (mine do). You can add different veggies or fruit or whatever you like to it.

I add a layer of this stuff on the bottom, put their breakfast or dinner inside (though I break it up throughout the day since the kong isnt big enough to put 1/3 cup of dry whole kibble inside), add another layer of my homemade kong stuffing inside, more kibble, and some KONG liver stuffing on top (you dont need much) , and a couple more things of kibble, stick it in the freezer and you're good to go. Depending on how much you use, the stuffing should last you a week or so.

Add in the fact that they have to work for their food, it keeps their minds stimulated and they don't become bored with their meals and bored in general. :clap2::rockon::whoo::wave:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts