Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My puppy is constantly pawing at his water bowl and knocking it over, spilling water everywhere. We use a metal bowl and I thought it was because he was seeing his reflection, but we bought him a new, plastic bowl and he still does the same thing. Does anyone else find this to be a problem? Do those anti-spill water bowls help to fix this, or is that more for the messiness of lapping up water?

THANKS!

·
Super Moderator
11,849 Posts
A heavy crockery bowl will work.

I learned that from Esther when she was a young hell-hound. (She didn't knock water dishes over. She'd pick them up and throw them - full of water.)

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Yes ... I have heavy duty ceramic glazed bowls ..... they are great! Little tiny Eddee throws his bowls too! :)

·
Super Moderator
11,849 Posts
When we first got Esther, I thought she would die of thirst because we could not find a water vessel that she wouldn't pick up and dump. We had a five gallon cooler that we had used for our previous dog for ten years to take water to the dogpark, etc. The first time Esther saw it (before we even got her home from the shelter) she stuck her head into the cooler, drank about 3 gallons of water, then picked up the cooler and bit a gigantic chunk out of it.

She was on a leash, outside our car, and it happened so fast, we couldn't even stop it. My son and I looked at each other and said in unison, "Oh, oh."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts