Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought Ziggy a pair of smoked knee bones. I bought them because of their pyramidal shape and smaller size, wondering if any of you have experience with these, and how your dogs took to them...so far, it has taken him awhile to "come around" to liking them.

·
Registered
11,145 Posts
Do you mean the patellas? I've given those to my dogs before, what I like about them them is that they are soft enough that they gnaw them away instead of breaking off big pieces. Unfortunately they also almost always give mine diarrhea, so I rarely use them anymore.

·
Registered
740 Posts
My puppy is really small so she couldn't carry the bone in her mouth with her, so she wasn't really into it. She likes the smaller bully sticks that she can take with her everywhere and easier to eat

Have you tried a raw meaty bone? they're even more tasty :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, I think they are the patellas. He was uncertain of eating it, but now that he's "broken it in", he seems to like it. I had to search around in the bin, until I found a pair that were small enough for his little jaw...this is the first "real" bone I have tried with him - bully stick lasted two days & I'm hoping this will have a bit longer life, lol

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Ive seen to many smoked bones cause issues so we do not feed them here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts