Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...... adopted this cat forever ago at 7-8 weeks. He has done well in all aspects. Until last week.....

So, I'm in college, so I go back home for about a month over major breaks. Technically, its my boyfriends cat, so it stays at his house and I keep my dog. The dog and cat love each other, so no issues there. Whenever Toby does anything wrong, we use a quick spray from the squirt bottle and an accompanying "psstt" noise. Works well. Now he sees us move and call his name, and he knows...

The trouble started last week. I had both pets at my/my boyfriends apartment back in college town. He was visiting, and since my summer finals are coming up he took the dog back and left Toby. He did fine for a few days, no problems at all..... Then..... I noticed my movie didn't sound quite right. Turns out he chewed through both back speaker cords where I don't have them taped down at the corner of the couch. I know this has been since boyfriend left since we watched a movie and it was fine. Tonight I just checked my alarm clock to make sure it was on. It wasn't.

Toby chewed through that too. Its a slightly thinner wire as well, like the speakers, unlike most power cords. I've been able to re-wire all three things. They all work again. But I can't have this happen again.....

HELP please someone!!!!

P.S. While I'm asking, he has been having awful tummy issues and sometimes gas. I changed his food about two weeks ago to adult food. Its not the best, but definitely not the worst food. I got a smaller 3 lb bag before I bought the big bag and he loved it in comparison to the crap my boyfriends mom had him eating. Could this be the cause, or should I get him looked at for intestinal/bacterial issues?

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
There really isn't any good way to discourage a cord chewer. I guess it's a lot of fun for them (until they bite wrong and get electrocuted. . .). Fortunately you can buy cord protectors pretty much anywhere. They work great.

What food is he on currently? What was he on before?

He is neutered, right? As his age, if he isn't, you're going to start to see some real trouble.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts