Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kit is crated when I leave the house because she is too food motivated to leave stuff alone. Today I crated her and went to work. One of my housemates came home and let her out, which is common, and very nice of him. Unfortunately, he forgot to put her away before leaving again. She ate

- half a bag of marshmallows
- an untold amount of jalepeno cheese puffs (!)
- chips (again, not sure how much)
- most of a bag of banana chips
- crumbs from a bag of goldfish
- very scary: a couple of brownies

I called the Evet, but it had already been a couple of hours and the vet didn't think it was worth it to induce vomiting. She seems pretty normal to me, so we decided to go to agility class where she did fine. She was more interested in eating grass than usual, but no vomiting or diarrhea yet. She's drinking more than usual. It's been about 5 hours now.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
She may be like my boy when he manages to get into stuff he shouldn't. He's never thrown anything up but if it's enough junk it isn't pretty coming out and I may be woken up in the middle of the night to rush him outside. Thankfully he is good about waking me up and holding it until we make it outside, never had to clean up diarrhea in the house yet but have had numerous middle of the night bathroom trips.

Unless she is sensitive to chocolate there isn't likely enough in a few brownies to do her any harm. Jubel's managed to get into some brownies before when a package of brownie bites somehow fell off the top of the fridge overnight and he rushed over to feast when we came downstairs in the morning. He had about 5 seconds to scarf before I could realize what the hell was going on and stop him but he had no noticeable ill effects other than loose stool later that day. We've come home many a time to an empty chip/cracker/bread bag on the floor in the living room that he managed to reach/find while we were out. Most of this has been fixed since we gated off the kitchen but occasionally a bag of chips/crackers gets left within his reach, usually by my brother, while we are out and it's pretty much always left right in the middle of the living room floor clearly visible when we enter the house.

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Mia ate a big tub of turkey lunch meat last week about 15 minutes before our class. It's been the only time I've ever seen her be slow. Lol, you could tell about halfway through that she was feeling bloated.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Oh my! How is Kit doing so far today? I would be expecting the runs and a tad bit of a belly ache ... poor thing. :/

I hope she is doing alright. :)

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ut oh. You kick the housemates butt? LOL
Well, I really wanted to. As it turned out, he had a decent excuse: he failed his qualifying exam for his PhD just a couple hours earlier. I know what a big deal this is, as I passed mine about a year and a half ago. He was also very apologetic and concerned about Kit's well-being (he loves her).

As for Kit, you'd never know anything was wrong. No signs or symptoms, no vomiting, no diarrhea. Stomach of steel, this one! I did hear her stomach making some funny noises last night, though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts