Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2 Pekingnese dogs Kingston (1 yr 6 months) and Ralph (5 months) were introduced to each other 5 days ago. After this time they have now gotten used to one another.

Before this Kingston was the only dog in the house and used to have no problems sleeping in the living room whilst myself and my wife were asleep in the bedroom. However, Ralph has understandably not liked it when we have put him in his bed and gone to our bedroom. He sits outside the door crying. Kingston has now also started to scratch and the door and moan until i have gone into the living room and slept on the sofa. This cannot continue.

Any advice on how to get them both to sleep alone?

many thanks

Jamie, Lily, Kingston and Ralph

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Crate the pup in the LR so the other dog can be near and put some earplugs in to get some sleep (no I'm not kidding).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crate the pup in the LR so the other dog can be near and put some earplugs in to get some sleep (no I'm not kidding).
we have a bed rather than a crate and they are both together in the living room. are there any methods we can use? i dont really want to leave them crying and barking if i can help it

thanks

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
You'd only need to do this for the pup, the older dog is fine and will be able to sleep close to the crate.

Crate Training Your Dog

Just be aware that ther is a little thing called 'extinction burst' when the crying will get worse befoer it gets better. That's why I advise the ear plugs. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts