Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One year ago today, DH and I drove to KY and met a kind rescue lady from TN in a dog park, and out of her car came a skinny, frightened golden puppy with a black tail and a strange-looking white ring on her back. An hour later, we knew she was the one for us, and we headed back to Ohio with our little pup.

We thought we were prepared...we had toys and a crate and a housetraining plan...since joining DF I've discovered I didn't know much at all, but fortunately Kim has been very forgiving of my mistakes. Now, white ring long faded and 25 lbs bigger than expected, she has become my "heart dog" in every sense of the term.

So here's a little (okay, huge) picture tribute to the last year of my time with Kim.

Petfinder pic

The first day we had her:

*so very many more*

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
The first week or so, when she was about 11" tall and weighed around 12 lbs:

One of my favorite pics ever:

July through early this year I didn't have a camera, so sadly I didn't get to record most of her growing up. The following are from last December when I visited my parents and borrowed their camera.

Meeting Sherman, and starting to be trusted off-lead:

Playing tag around the tree:

*still many more to go*

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Wrestling is fun!

Back at home, and practicing yoga in her sleep (Jan):

Her mouth has grown too (March):

One happy girl:

*Still more...*

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kim masters pool:

And outgrows her bed:

Cuddled up with her blankie and car harness after a bath:

Only to wake up and wonder how her head got through that hole (she did it herself):

*getting closer*

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
She can be destructive:

But has figured out how to stay out of trouble:

And develops a love for ice cream:

This brings us to April when the biggest change in Kim's life since moving to Ohio occurred...the addition of Webster. After a few tiffs they took to each other amazingly well, though Kim routinely outsmarts him to get what she wants without having to fight for it. This is also about the time I got my own camera.

First meeting:

*we're getting there*

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
They fight at home

But Kim shows him the ropes when it comes to other dogs and, erm, leads the pack

So back to Kim (she prefer we not dwell on Webster), she is now enjoying long walks in the woods:

*more*

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
She *still* loves ice cream:

Likes to overshadow Webster whenever she can:

Gets high on life:

And even got a new bed (not a morning dog):

*almost done, I swear*

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So finally, this is how she spent her adoptiversary:

At the spa
Kim: Help me, brother!
Webster: I geeves you keeses!

"Get this water off me, now!"

And spying on the neighbors:

*one more*

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Kim and I, just chilling out back:

She's come a long way...

Bonus #1: For those of you who need to see more of Web's ears, here's his airplane impression:

Bonus #2: Me showing off a handful of Kim's parlor tricks about 10 minutes after rolling out of bed this morning. For whatever reason she decides that "front" is not worth it today, and at one point notices the camera and has to check it out before continuing, haha

·
Registered
335 Posts
Awww, awesome pics...I love Kim! She's really cute. Great video, too. :) Happy Adoptiversary Kim!!

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
HAPPY 1st YEAR ADOPTIVERSARY!! :D:D Kim is a beautiful dog, she has grown a lot in 1 year. She was such a cutie as a little puppy! With that big nose and big ears:D Webster's ears are hilarious! Haha! That is a very good airplane impression.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Happy Adoptiversary Shaina and Kim!! - She is such a great girl-you have done such an awesome job with her training! Great thread, Shaina-can't wait to see year #2 Adoptiversary!!

BTW, How much ice cream DO you eat??:D

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
For some reason KIM looks HUGGGEEEEEEEEEEEE... whatcha been feeding her girlfriend??? ya dont want Kim to loose her sexiness, do ya?

happy one year home KIMMIE.. =) Licks & Kisses from my boys..

Shain, your hand didn't look GIGANTIC in the video.. DID YOU PHOTOSHOPPED IT??? Just kidding.. labyah! =P

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Happy Adoptiversary KIM!!!

I love the picture chronicles and video. Kim has really grown into a beautiful girl.

Webster's airplane impression is AWESOME!!! :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Happy Anniversary Kim - you sure look like one happy dog.

Awesome pics too I love some of the sayings you had with them gave me a good morning chuckle.

Beautiful dogs.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Happy Anniversary!

She's such an amazing dog. I especially liked the video. She's so very very smart and responsive.

I love how you have documented her entire life with you. That's completely awesome.

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
This is one of the best pic threads I've ever seen. Love it. :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts