Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is not listed yet.... In Forclosure and BK.... 11 acres, house about the same age and size as this one. I hear it needs some work but is structurally sound.

12 run kennel with exhaust fan system, automatic watering system, concrete floor with drains into the septic system. a total of 8 acres fenced in six foot chain link and divided in to half acre exercise yards. Nice mix of shade and sun.

With this place I could do some SERIOUS training, boarding, and maybe start my own breeding program.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
If you get it, I'll be envious. But I hope you get it. :D Keep us updated.

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
If you don't take it, I will pummel you

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
If you get it, share some pics. =)

·
Registered
637 Posts
oh yay you have to buy it, that way we can be kennel twins as i'm looking at 13 acres with exactly the same setup in australia...sick of renting

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
Sounds great but make sure you check with county/state etc as sometimes kennels are grandfathered in as laws change and when new owners purchase property they find that kennels are not allowed.

You probably know this but thought I would dump it in anyway.

·
Banned
7,942 Posts
There is one like that near me as well. It was in business a few months ago but is now 4sale. Good location etc.

I could not even consider it w/o selling my house first (there is a house on the property). It is very nice to look at but I have no idea the price etc. I also do not want to have a property that must be heated in winter. I suspect Fuel to heat will be a huge expense come retirement time in 10 years (maybe $10 a gallon for oil heat).

Property was well run but is probably a victim of the recession and increasing gas prices. People aren't going away on vacation and boarding dogs.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
If you don't take it, I will pummel you
Xeph: master diplomat and craftsman of the English language.

Reminds me of one of my favorite Futurama quotes: "Fry, if you don't accept this deal, I will totally lose all respect for you and punch you in the face."

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
ROFL!!!! I''m usually so eloquent too....or so I think xD

·
Registered
8,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds good but make sure you have a home inspection done. You don't want any nasty, expensive surprises.

IF I can get it for what I want to get it for and think I might be able to, I could care less if the house is there or not. I could flatten the house and build what I want.

I wasn't actually even looking but this kind of fell into m y lap.

My wife is lukewarm on the idea, but I am holding a horse card.... I could get her a horse if we had this property.

It is mired up in a divorce/bankruptcy/forclosure.

I am not sure who is going to end up with it. My hope is to get the bank to agree to short sale it to me out of the BK. But....... I would have to deal with the BK courts, the Bank, and Divorce attorneys. Might be an impossible task. I have an attorney I can bring in to wade through this. But am not going to throw much money at it unless I think I can make a deal I can live with with the bank.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Well, Good luck to you. Sounds like a pretty sweet set up. I am jealous along with the others here. ;)

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
My wife is lukewarm on the idea, but I am holding a horse card.... I could get her a horse if we had this property.
Oh, now that's hitting below the belt. I love it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts