Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
Me and my wife decided to get a lovely Jack Russell puppy named Nima. She's adorable and I love her very much.
Sadly my wife no longer feels the same about me and we are getting divorced :(
She's agreed that I can keep the dog who is now 14 months old.
The trouble is I work full time (as does she) and must now find somewhere to live which I can afford and have a dog.
Dog walkers are around £150 a month here which will leave me pretty tight budget wise.
Work is about 40 minutes drive away and whilst I can look for somewhere closer it's not a very nice area there.
I'm probably going to have to go with the dog walking option. She currently has my mother in law come and spend 3 hours a day with her. When she's on her own she's in her crate.
She doesn't like it when we go out and barks, although she tends to stop after 5 minutes or so.
I'm worried about getting a flat with a garden since at night when I put her to bed she can sometimes bark for 5 or 10 minutes before going to sleep.
My wife will be moving in with her parents who have a dog and are retired so logically the best option would be for her to keep the dog but I don't want to lose both my wife and my dog.
Any advice?

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
When I was very young and going through a divorce ... I had to move back in with my parents as well as my children and my dog. I had to make a terribly tough decision on the part of my parents wishes and re-home my dog. To this day I can understand their reasoning and I had no funds to properly care for my dog then. But to this day I would have given anything and found a way to keep him if I had the funds and a place of my own. It still haunts me to this day....... :(

Just something to think about.

·
Banned
241 Posts
My wife will be moving in with her parents who have a dog and are retired so logically the best option would be for her to keep the dog but I don't want to lose both my wife and my dog.
Any advice?
How is the dog? Do you like it? Does it have 'faults' in your mind? Could you replace it later with a 'better' dog?

Sometimes it is better to let the x wife have their wishes and move on. Not worth the fight in some cases... :)

My former wife 'took' the dog when she left. That particular dog simply would NOT tolerate strangers in our home... I can just imagine her bringing home a 'date' and that Doberbitch dog scaring the heck out of whoever it is. LOL! I really feel bad for the guy if she raises her voice at him! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love my dog, she has no faults at all although she does bark a bit when we put her to bed.
I think I've now worked out some arrangements that will mean I can keep her, keep my job and she'll very rarely be left at home on her own. If that doesn't work out I'll quit my job and move in with my parents. She's more important than some boring job :)
Thanks guys

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
I love my dog, she has no faults at all although she does bark a bit when we put her to bed.
I think I've now worked out some arrangements that will mean I can keep her, keep my job and she'll very rarely be left at home on her own. If that doesn't work out I'll quit my job and move in with my parents. She's more important than some boring job :)
Thanks guys
Good luck ..... any pictures? :)

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Oh my!!! Absolutely adorable! :)

She sure is one lucky girl to have an owner who would go the lengths you are to give her a forever home and a good life! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts