Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wally one day started loving Dora.

If I hum one of the songs from Romance of the Three Kingdoms IX, he'll fall asleep almost immediately in my lap. (this song: http://youtu.be/1QhQK2Kso7w) Sometimes, he'll stare at me until I do it.

One question.

WHY?

What is it about these things that trigger these reactions in him? How is music perceived by dogs? What is it about Dora that made him just one day love her - so much so I can use it as a reward in training?

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
If you find out, let me know. I cannot watch House with Jonas because he goes nuts at Hugh Laurie every time he's on. He also hates Intervention, but ONLY when the addicts are talking. Figure that out.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Brahms lullaby hummed to Leeo would put him to sleep every time ... same thing here ... I wonder how much they actually perceive?

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah - it's really interesting. Games I play that have a lot of people/voices on them can sometimes make him nervous. I guess he thinks there's tons of people around him?

Do they think they are looking out of the window when they watch things on TV? Do they think it's right there in front of them?

I showed Wally this video:

And he acted like he was trying to get the sock from the puppy and play. He kept bumping his nose on my monitor and whining like he was trying to figure out how to get to the puppy, but couldn't.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts