Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Helen and I live in Adelaide, Australia. I've never been much of a dog person, I had four kids so figured I had enough little creatures in the house to keep me busy.
I also didn't believe in love at first sight. But then I met Kaylee.
I've had my gorgeous spoodle puppy for 7 months now and love her more each day. My family laugh at how much I've spoilt her, she isn't a lap dog, but prefers to sit up on your chest and cuddle into your shoulder. She loves to run, comes home from the puppy park completely exhausted, was so cute to see her barely able to move with exhaustion.
But now my heart is broken. One visit to the vets, $490 worth of exams, and my world comes tumbling down. Hip dysplasia. Chronic.
I can't believe I've spent the last day crying over a dog. But when euthanasia is one of the options given by the vet, I can't help myself. So, I find myself here, in the world of dog lovers, to see how others cope with the hard decisions in our lives.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
I am so sorry you are dealing with this. I too had an all of a sudden world turning upside down event myself about 11 months ago. I know what it feels like! I know your heart just sinks into the pit of your stomach.

I hope there are other alternatives for your sweet little dog. I would get more opinions before thinking of sending your little one to The Rainbow Bridge. I had no choice ... my Boy was terminal. There was no other alternative.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts