Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have a kangal cross collie or similar kangal mix? If so are you finding your dog a challenge? Or finding he/she is a little more quirky than your average dog?

·
Registered
8,374 Posts
LGD's mixed with Herding dogs are very opposite type traits and instincts to put in one dog. And Kangal's are very Hardened dogs to begin with. what challenge's are you dealing with. And do you have pictures to share of your pup?

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I have a rough collie x pyr/anatolian. To be honest he is a really easy dog. Right now he is a jerkface but he is also an intact 12month old male so....he is essentially the dog version of my 14year old son. He is actually a relatively easy teen dog, not as easy as my females or even the neutered male foster but still in comparison to my last intact male (don't even get me started on Carolina Dogs as adolescents, it is a nightmare) he really is a good boy. To be honest he is very "collie" in behavior. There are a lot of herder x LGDs around (and Lab x LGD). They are popular farm dogs and pets. I think it kind of depends on what they take from each parent. Lad's siblings are mostly working farm dogs. I don't know how many of them would be good house pets but I understand their families are happy with them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/12299181_10153706726001221_6537268075746638637_n.jpg?oh=fa706d8bd252abf05e1a52b37d8827fd&oe=56EB8AD3

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/12314049_10153687790146221_8359230890806763633_n.jpg?oh=db438d20c1fc7b76cd5ae3606c9c4dd2&oe=56D3DD58

I've dealt with her issues, I'm not after any help with them, and I've found that if you walk her for 2-3 hours a day she makes a good house pet. I just think she's a very weird dog. Her personality is odd. Does anyone else find them to be very quirky characters? Also I'd love to see some photos of other kangal crosses.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What do you mean when you say hardened, please Patricia? I put some pictures below. Her problems were the usual puppy problems they just lasted longer. She is still very rough with my old German Shepard cross but she's getting better.

·
Registered
8,374 Posts
as a Kangal by it's self they would be a very strong independent individual and will threaten and kill what they view as a threat or what doesn't belong. other animals or people.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Did you meet her parents? How do you know she's part Kangal?

From the photos provided, I don't see any Kangal in her. I see Border Collie, maybe, but it's hard to tell from the angles the photos are taken at.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
yes, i met both parents. The dad was the Kangal and the mum was the collie. She's not an easy dog to photograph.

This thread really isn't going where I hoped it would. I was just hoping for some funny stories about training a similar type of dog to mine and maybe get to look at some nice pictures.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts