Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I taught Kali to turn lights on and off. She adores doing it, and it's hilarious to watch.
She learned it in about two sessions, and at three I have it on almost perfect cue. Here's the vids, sorry for their crap*yness.

This one is in our dining room, I got Kali to stand on that laundry basket because she was too short to reach the switch without scratching the wall. btw watch her mouth, she grabs the little switch with her teeth to flick it. :D

Living room switch, this one is easier to see, cause there's a lamp in the corner, I used our couch as a boost up for this one.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Looks great Chels. I might teach Jake this one- it's on the list- now that I have something near the switch in my room for him to use to hold himself up.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Haha, that's great! You can see that she really likes to do it, too! Might come in handy if you jump in bed and realize you forgot to turn off the kitchen light...

I want to teach Libby how to punch the pedestrian crossing buttons at intersections.

The light switches here are all built waaaay too high (freakishly high!) for her to use, and we have no convenient furniture.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine are also really really high >< but I sat a laundry basket under the one in our dining room so Kali could reach it.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Oooh, that one's under "advanced" in our trick dictionary! We haven't gotten there yet.
Right now I'm teaching Kit to grab her leash off a hook on the wall and bring it to me when I say "Do you want to go for a walk?"

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's one of the ones I really want to teach to my other dog Syd, she's the retrieving master. The lights one wasn't really that hard if your shaping it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts