Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I need your help. Kali, my 11 month old lab/husky mix keeps escaping from our metal fence. She crawls under it, and I am stumped about how to keep her in it. We've staked the bottom of our fence down, put boards across the bottom, I have no clue what to do now.
I'm trying something a little different now, everytime I see her get loose I've got out, caught her and confined her to the most boring room, or her crate for a few minutes, I'm trying to make being outside loose like that unfun for her but I don't know what to do. I can't find any spots where she has gotten out, and I never see her do it.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I would just like to add, this fence makes their yard look like Fort Knox... or Alcatraz. So this is definitely a case of seriously clever dog.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
I'd pick up a roll of 2-3' tall chicken wire, and some plastic cable ties.

Unroll the chickenwire along the fence, flat on the ground. Then attach the edge about 6" up the fence with cable ties. Use garden staples to attach the chickenwire tothe ground. Grass or flowers will just grow through it, and it's unpleasant to dig at.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is a really great idea Dogstar thank you! I'm going to tell my brother this too, as Kali's sister has taken to digging at their fence to get out.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Dogstar's idea is exactly what I was going to suggest, and it works terrific. :D Good luck!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Go push the botton of the fence along whole perimeter of the yard. Chain link fences have clips at the bottom that link them to the bottom metal rod(can't see it unless you push. My guess is one of the clips has come undone... allowing the little bugger to lift it up. Either that or he's jumping over :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts