Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about your poor baby. While I don't have experience with you're specific situation, I do have a senior dog in kidney failure. Your vet will be able to provide you with the best guidance, but I have also received good information and support from a website owned and maintained by a nutritionist who specializes in kidney issues. http://www.dogaware.com/health/kidney.html

The site owner will respond to any questions you may have regarding diet, medications, etc. Her approach is more of a holistic nature. She has information regarding commercial, raw and home cooked foods as well as lots of other information. If you do contact her, be prepared to include all test results and medication as well as dosages, etc.

I hope and pray you find the best quality of life for him. As hard as it is, I hope you can take comfort in knowing that you are providing him with good care and a great home.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.