Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today is the first time that I took all three dogs bike riding all by myself! :D I didn't get to snap any pictures or videos. After my little accident last summer with Abel (him and I run into a fire hydrant once) because I was stupid enough to think that I can multi-task, I decided unless I grow another pair of hands and another set of eyes, I will concentrate on heeling the dogs while I am on the bike. Especially with three dogs, I knew I have to be careful.

I thought our sidewalks around here is just big enough to accomodate 2 dogs and a bike (I did it once with Cain & Abel, I think last week) and today, I tried it with all three of them (the boys and Xena). They were awesome. They were jogging on my left the whole time, making sure they were heeling beside the bike.

We did get alot of attention from the motorist. Some gave thumbs up, others were amazed (with their mouths wide open while staring at us) and many honked their horns while wearing a smile. Its probably something people dont see everyday. A tiny asian girl birke riding with big dogs. LOL! :D

The dogs were exhausted. Earlier, we went for a long long long long long walk with Hudson (my BIL's dog) then they got to swim in the pond with the geese. =) They sure had a busy day today. This is why I love summer. I get to be out with the dogs all the time doing something really healthy for all of us!

Now, I just need to buy me roller blades and we will all be superfit in no time. During rainy days when none of them wants to go for a walk, WE all hit the treadmill. Owning dogs really make you ACTIVE.

THE DOGS AND THE GEESE..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Aww you can get roller blades like the dog whisper… his are very unique looking. Hopefully someday I can get my pup trained enough to so that, he would probably pull me into a lake just to have a good laugh :)

·
Registered
962 Posts
BTW, Thats a nice looking body of water,for the dogs, looks like clean water, is it large enough for a little day sailor boat, and I am sure a canoe. Nice place to cool off on a hot day!!

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Glad you had fun:) I love biking with my dogs, I do one on the left and one on the right. When we get the third I'm not sure what my configuration will be, lol.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
C'mon, already! Throw them on a gangline and have at it! :D The problem I have with the bike is that I don't get ANY exercise. Except leaning over with bags wrapped around my arm.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Wow, I have to applaud you for that!! I just started biking with Linkin a couple weeks ago (TRY To get out and do it every day but I'm not quite accomplishing that yet) and it's the biggest thrill ride ever! Linkin's doing way better than I expected, but considering I have to use my dad's bike (which is JUST too tall for me) and that Linkin can be really uncontrollable when he gets riled up (will do zoomies and chase and bite anything in sight), I'm practically holding my breath the entire way lol

I couldn't imagine doing it with THREE dogs in a more populated area! Good for you! I bet the dogs really enjoyed it a lot!

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BTW, Thats a nice looking body of water,for the dogs, looks like clean water, is it large enough for a little day sailor boat, and I am sure a canoe. Nice place to cool off on a hot day!!
I doubt a real life boat would fit in that pond.. LOL! I did however saw the kiddies floating paper boats. =)

Glad you had fun:) I love biking with my dogs, I do one on the left and one on the right. When we get the third I'm not sure what my configuration will be, lol.
I find it easier to make them all heel on my left rather than have one and two on each side.. =)

C'mon, already! Throw them on a gangline and have at it! :D The problem I have with the bike is that I don't get ANY exercise. Except leaning over with bags wrapped around my arm.
I only bring bags for Cain. The other two doesn't like doing their "business" while on walks or bike rides. =) And yes, biking isn't as much exercise for us, but it is for our furry kids.. LOL!

I couldn't imagine doing it with THREE dogs in a more populated area! Good for you! I bet the dogs really enjoyed it a lot!
They did enjoy it a lot. I was however, had my fingers crossed the whole time. I was hoping we WONT see a bunny. Because then, all bets are off. LOL! =)

·
Registered
540 Posts
They did enjoy it a lot. I was however, had my fingers crossed the whole time. I was hoping we WONT see a bunny. Because then, all bets are off. LOL! =)
That's kind of what I do; hold my breath and pray we don't see a squirrel, or God forbid, a deer! :eek: (Linkin goes CRAZY for deer, moose, horses etc.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts