Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've had our dog Winnie for about 6 months now, got her from a rescue.

I am a much happier man now than I was before we got her. She brings me so much joy, it's unreal.

I'm fortunate enough to work out of my home almost full time, so we spend a lot of time together. I try and find time to take breaks and play outside in our big fenced-in yard with her, she loves playing fetch with balls, she's so fast she's a blur, and she's becoming an expert on catching a frisbee too (the soft kind), as long as I can throw it OK.

I never thought I would feel this way about a dog. We had a dog previously for 14 yrs (he died about 8 yrs ago), i never had a dog as a kid, but there was nothing like this with him, for whatever reason.

Just wanted to share -- I enjoy reading people's posts on here and following everyone's opinions, just wanted to add my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Isnt it a wonderful feeling to have your heart strings tugged on by a dog. I am a much better person because of all the dogs past and present. They teach us to stop and smell the roses..

You have a lovely Girl..

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
It makes me happy to hear about how much dogs improve other peoples lives. I don't think I'd be where I am at right now if I hadn't clicked just ONE page farther on PetFinder and found my Smalls.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I am a much happier man now than I was before we got her. She brings me so much joy, it's unreal.
I feel much the same way about my dog. He was a huge part of me finally conquering my depression because he just seems to exude joy and its so hard to not start feeling the same.

She is so cute, btw :D

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
That is really nice to hear! It's amazing to me how dogs can make us so much happier. I cannot imagine being without one!

Your girl is lovely!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Winnie is cute! I'm glad you're both happy together. Sounds like you have made her happy too!

Dogs just have that effect on people I guess....thanks for sharing! Such a nice thing to hear (or I guess read!)

·
Banned
749 Posts
Not only is your dog bringing you joy but also adding years to your life as well. Since your dog is bring great joy to you have you thought about bringing your dog's joy to others?. You can if you look into having the dog certified as a therapy dog. It does not take much time and can be very rewarding.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm so glad you have her in your life now! She's beautiful, and so lucky to be so loved. I feel the same way about my girl. Here's to our fuzzy babies!:)

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I agree- that's a beautiful post and a sweet dog.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I can relate! I have been going thru a great deal the last few months or so and I cannot imagine not being with my 2.

They are pure joy. I am trying to convince my mom she needs one! They are a cure all for many things.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Aww, what a great post. I feel the same way about Bailey. He's my first dog and I knew I'd love him but I don't think I fully comprehended just how much :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just wanted to share the joy that my dogs have brought me. I was never allowed to have a pet when growing up. I met my husband and we moved just about every two years, so we always lived in an apt. We talked about a dog, a border collie, but decided to wait until we owned our own home. That happened June 2007 and we rescued Logan August 2007. This little guy has brought me so much joy! He gets me exercising, socializing, he gives me love when I'm upset and always happy to see me when I get home. I loved him so much- we got another dog!
The thing is, they are like potato chips, I can't have just one. Two is a tease and I could fill me house with these lovely creatures!
I remember back when I was in law school, school was brutal, my hubby worked long hours and I didn't have a car (I didn't drive for a year- had 3 seperate accidents- none my fault- in 9 months) and I was so lonely. If I only had a dog, my life would have been so much better! I guess the moral of my story is, if you are waiting for the perfect situation to get a dog- you might not have to. I feel like I wasted years filled with joy that I could have had (I didn't know what I was missing).

·
Registered
317 Posts
What a beautiful dog! My dog sleeps with all her legs entwined too. It is the cutest thing.

I hope you two have wonderful lives together! :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts