Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just needed to vent about this because I was SO annoyed this morning!

So this client brought a puppy in about 6 months ago that they found just outside their property. The poor thing was severely bloated, but emaciated and really dehydrated. It ended up having several intestinal parasites and round or hook worms. The lady didn't have a whole lot of money, but they wanted to take the puppy in and rehabilitate it. I thought it was awesome that they wanted to keep it.

So the lady then calls me and this other tech into the room before she left to have us tell her if we think there is ANY chance this dog has pit bull in it. If so she wanted us to euthanize it because they are evil dogs. Well of course we told her that I had a pit bull mix and the other tech had two APBTs. She was not amused and didn't change her mind on the issue. And we assured her that this dog was a shepherd mix and VERY unlikely to be a pit bull of any kind.

Anyway, I got over that as I hear that ALL the time. Since then the puppy got completely better and she got the dog spayed and it was doing well and really sweet but a little hyper I guess.

So she come sin today with two new puppies. A retriever mix and a chocolate lab that was about 4 months old. She then tells me the other dog (the sick puppy) died. She wouldn't tell me what happened so I didn't push it. But then she tells me this little lab puppy was very protective as it tried to bite me when I went to pet it. 4 MONTHS OLD!! She told me that the puppy is attached to her and attack people because of it!

So she doesn't want a pit bull because they are vicious, but she allows this poor puppy to become vicious because it's "cute"! OMG!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
This lady sounds awefully suspicous...

First, it's weird that the first puppy she brought in 'got worse' and died, specially after being fully treated by you. Maybe she was overly determined that there was pit in it...but I feel bad for the puppy.

Second, where is she finding all these puppies? Lol. Yeesh, I don't trust the woman, but I'm a little paranoid. :rolleyes:

Sorry you had to deal with yet another uneducated pitbull hater.

Edit - Haha, by the way, your signature made me laugh!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This lady sounds awefully suspicous...

First, it's weird that the first puppy she brought in 'got worse' and died, specially after being fully treated by you. Maybe she was overly determined that there was pit in it...but I feel bad for the puppy.
Right? We were all thinking the same thing! This puppy was 100 percent better...and they came in for her spay and she was like a new dog.

We thought it was really weird that the dog had suddenly died and she didn't say why. In some ways I do hope that it was a a freak accident or something, but she was a little stressed out the the hyperactivity of the dog when she brought her in for her spay. She did just really seem like the kind of person that might have just 'not wanted to deal with her anymore' of you know what I mean :(

And as for the puppies! I have no idea where she got either one, but the chocolate lab she claims is a pure bred from a good breeder. And apparently she's had him since he was 6 weeks! Good breed....I doubt that.

She also told me he was on expensive food because he's pure bred?! Whatever that means. But let me just say that this puppy's ribs were poking out and he looked WAY underweight.

People freak me out!

ETA: Thanks I read that somewhere and thought it was hilarious!

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
That lady sounds creepy :(

Well we have been on the receiving end of some wonderful pit bull remarks lately .....

1. My best guy friends father has been doing some deck work for me....he likes my 2 small dogs...but hates my APBT ..because everyone knows "those dogs are unpredictable and vicious"..and.."he don't care what anyone tells him" :rolleyes:

2. My daughter has been dealing w/some medical issues so we have been at the hospital the past few days...so one of the resident pediatricians comes in to check my daughter out..starts asking questions making small talk w/my daughter...they get on the subject of dogs....the doctor asks what kind of dogs we have ...my daughter tells her we have a APBT, a pug and a Boston.....the doctor then says to my 8yr old kid..."wow a Pit bull...aren't they kinda mean?"....(nice thing to say to a kid right?)....but the best thing is my kid looks this doctor dead in the eye and gives her the ::wow ..how did you manage to become a doctor look::...and tells her ...."ah no she is a very good dog" ..DUH! :D

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the doctor then says to my 8yr old kid..."wow a Pit bull...aren't they kinda mean?"....(nice thing to say to a kid right?)....but the best thing is my kid looks this doctor dead in the eye and gives her the ::wow ..how did you manage to become a doctor look::...and tells her ...."ah no she is a very good dog" ..DUH! :D
I like your kid! :D They sound smarter than most adults I've talked to about pit bulls!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Something isn't right there.

When I walk my husky, parents pull their kids close to them. But my barking klee kai is okay. I am going to get a pitbull or a doberman next so I can show they are wonderful dogs. :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
I feel sorry for her dogs :(.
So she doesn't want a pit bull because they are vicious, but she allows this poor puppy to become vicious because it's "cute"! OMG!
This is how alot of unwanted behaviors get started! I have seen it a ton and then expect the dog to just stop. In fact my BH thought it was just so cute that Dutch licked his hands, face, etc when he was a puppy, now he is a 125 pound licking machine. My BH now has more faith in me when it comes to training the dogs and listens to me....lol.

It's a shame that breeds get a bad rap.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some people are wacky; too bad there wasn’t a way for you’re to black list this lady from owning any dogs...IMO

I hate the bad name pits get, my guy is an Am bulldog and people think he’s a pit, I was walking him in the park the other day and a woman was with her young kid and the kid goes

"Mommy looks at the dog!"

Then I hear "oh Mommy but that’s a bad Dog!"

I looked at the lady and gave her a sarcastic look and thought to myself "WOW lady you’re really naive aren’t you?"
Yeah people are definitely naive.

ETA: I found this shirt once on Cafepress.com that says "I'm not a "pit bull" I'm an American Bulldog. Thank you." It cracked me up!

·
Registered
538 Posts
RAGGS! Cute pup! I would love a dog like that. I hate the stigma these dogs get!

That lady does not deserve to own a dog. I work in a pet store and no matter how much you tell them, SOME people do not want to hear it and are going to do things "their" way regardless of its the RIGHT way or not. Sigh.

Some people should NOT have animals....especially dogs!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts