Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, so im the new one here. :) I just went to the breeder I'm getting my Labrador Retriever puppy at. And I found lovely puppies. So I chose the one I wanted, the dark green collar one ;). But im just wondering if its normal for her to sleep a lot. She wasn't too energetic when I first arrived at the breeder's house. However she did play with her littermates, and she did interact with the humans. We were there for about 45 minutes and she starting sleeping the last 10-15 minutes? And she wasn't sleeping with her littermates, she was sleeping by herself which worries me. But I checked her eyes, nose, ears, and bottom. They were all clean and healthy and her fur looked shiny and healthy too. But she was definitely one of the less active ones. There were a couple that were just jumping around everywhere. They are 4 weeks and 5 days old. Please reply any comments to reassure me. First time puppy buyer. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Yes, it's normal for puppies to sleep quite a lot, especially at that age. My puppy zonked out about 35 minutes into my visit when I met him at 5 and a half weeks old. Activity level depends on time of the day, sometimes. For instance, if you were there right after a meal, they would be more sleepy. If you were there during their regular nap time, they would be more sleepy, etc.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I juat went and picked out my Berner puppy, day shy of 5 weeks and the entire 19 puppies slept the entire hour we we were there. Couple woke up and went and peed, ut then flipped back down. Lol.

So ya, it's pretty normal. Lol. Can vary on the time of day, it's possible if you were there an hour earlier or later the puppies would have never stopped moving.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Not unusual for puppies to sleep often, esp at that age.

I cannot believe people are letting pups go under 8 - 10 weeks of age.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I chose the one I wanted. I would never buy from someone that lets their puppies go under 8-10 weeks. Mine is coming home when she is 9 weeks old. :)

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Yeah, I chose the one I wanted. I would never buy from someone that lets their puppies go under 8-10 weeks. Mine is coming home when she is 9 weeks old. :)
That's what I figured. Mine come home sometime between 8-9. Can't wait to see pictures of your new addition.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts