Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I just joined the forum after reading so many helpful threads. I recently adopted a shelter dog who was brought up to NYC from a kill shelter in TN. He's a fox terrier/lab mix, which means all teeth all the time, and I need a lot of help with that. I'm also a first-time dog owner! Jake is very sweet and smart, though, and many other parts of our training are going beautifully. He's housetrained at just under four months. Woot!! Anyway, very glad to be here. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome, I wish you luck with your rescue and finding the information you seek on this board. He sounds darling other than being a handful that his mixes suggest he may be.

·
Banned
472 Posts
Can you post a pic? I'm sure he is adorable! My lab/gsd mix came from TN I adopted him last December when he was 8 weeks old. He is still an awful chewer at 14 months of age-it is almost a constant thing. Nylabones have been lifesavers for me. To be honest, when he was under 8 months of age I tried everything to stop the biting. The closest thing that helped me out was BitterApple. With that, I had to make sure that the bottle was near me at all times, and even then he would still lick the bottle. Signing up for basic obedience classes may help you and him focus on other things and give you a chance to speak with trainers. Best of luck with your new buddy! Mine has truly been my best friend and my faithful hiking, running, beginning agility, cuddling companion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts