Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Rough Collie, female
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.
Wife and I are the proud owners of a 9 week old rough collie female, named Junebug.
Although we have had several dogs in the past, with 5 children they usually took care of them. But now with just the two of us and as seniors and having a puppy is a new experience for us.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Welcome!! This is a great forum to ask questions and get suggestions and advice. I have had dogs (and cats) my whole life (and I'm old) and I still have learned quite a bit on this forum. Congrats on Junebug!! Show pics when you can!!

·
Registered
Rough Collie, female
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome!! This is a great forum to ask questions and get suggestions and advice. I have had dogs (and cats) my whole life (and I'm old) and I still have learned quite a bit on this forum. Congrats on Junebug!! Show pics when you can!!
Thanks for the welcome.
Maybe because it's a female but we seem to be having a hard time training her. While her brother (owned by my daughter and son-in-law is almost totally trained). Both are entering the 10 week old stage. The one on her back is Junebug and her brother is Magnus. Usually Junebug seems to be the more dominate of the two. It's rare to see her on the bottom.

Dog Carnivore Fawn Companion dog Dog breed

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
She is adorable!!!!! All dogs are different, especially when it comes to training. As long as you are patient and it sounds like you very much are, I am sure she will catch on. Being consistent is everything. Good luck and let us know how it is going.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts