Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rockon:

Glad to be here. I have gone from a single breed enthusiast to a multiple breed owner and enthusiast due to participating in rescue. Right now I have my German Shepherds, Two Australian Shepherds and a Borador. 3 are rescues. My son has a Bernese Mountain Dog and my daughter has a Lab, so I'm familiar a bit with those breeds as well. I've raised all but one of my 4 kids and as the nest became empty, I filled it with dogs and dog sports. Replaced soccor games with agility. My husband and I are youthful, active, middle-aged people who try to rescue at least 2 dogs a year and love anything outdoors. Mom to GSD's Coco and Willow, Aussies Scout and Phoenix and Borador Bristol. Have place several of our rescues with relatives, and keep up with those and help train them as well. The one Aussie/BC mix in my sig is my Mother-in-law's dog Piper.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Welcome to the board ... And you're pretty much telling my story with the exception that I only have one dog and can't have more as long as I travel as much as I do. I'm in Aiken, South Carolina, where are you?

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Hello and welcome! :) I am big on rescues as I have done a few myself including my latest one the Dobie/Rott mix, Abbylynn.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome. We are in the middle of nowhere in the foothills of NC about an hour from Charlotte. We like to travel, too, and when we do, I get one or both of my adult sons to take care of the dogs for us. Beats boarding.

Abbylynn is a lovely name, and if that is her in the middle of your signature bar, that is a very happy looking face.

Hast, your icon is so dark, all I can see is teeth. Don't know what breed your pup is, lol...but that is one viscious looking Cheshire Cat grin.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I guess your screen is set much darker than mine ... so here she is, Miss Mandy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts