Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody :wave:

I'm Amber. I'm 22 year old and have been married to my husband for a little over a year now, but we've been together for about 5 years now.

We adopted our 3 year old beagle, Hunter, in 2008 when he was 2 months old from our local shelter. He is the absolute love of our lives. We do everything with him. We especially love to excercise with him because we're very active. I have a WalkyDog on my bike and we bike/run 6-8 miles a few times a week in the spring, summer, and fall. I also run about a mile (sometimes more, sometimes less) with him a couple times a week. We have 30 acres of property with woods, fields and a couple ponds on it that we're always exploring and finding new things on. There's a state park near us that we go to a few times a month and spend all day there hiking. We always set up play dates for him with our friends and family's dog. We're just always doing something with him. He's up for anything and seems to never tire out.

My husband and I just moved back in with my dad because my dad is getting older and needs a little more help around the house. We have our own apartment in the basement that's pretty big. My dad has 3 dogs. He has a 13 year old Jack Russel Terrier named Sad Eyes, a 3 year old rat terrier named Lucky, and a 2 year old black lab/mix named Max. Our house is chaos sometimes with all the critters but there's never a dull moment!

I just got my first cat, Zoey, in October 2010. She was about 4 months old at the time. She was a stray that had been hanging around my grandma's house. My grandma pretty much guilt tripped me into taking her home with us that day. She kept saying "Amber, I lay awake at night worrying about this precious kitty". We weren't allowed to have her where we living at the time but it all worked out fine. It's been a learning experience with her since I've never owned a cat before. I love her to death and could not imagine my life without her now.

I've been lurking around this forum for about a year now. I've learned so much and continue to learn something new every single time I open this forum.

-Amber

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Hello and welcome! :) Please feel free to post pics ... we love pics here ... as I am sure you are well aware of from visiting here for so long. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome!

I'm not very computer savvy but when I figure it out, I will definitely post pictures. I have sooo many pictures.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Puppy Hunter.jpg Hunter in Woods.jpg Fourwheeler.jpg Proud Man.jpg

I hope I did this right.

The picture on the far left is the very first picture of Hunter James ever taken. He's in the car on the way home from the pound. Happiest day ever!

The second picture is him all grown up. He's about 2 in this picture, I think. We love to take walks in the woods together. There's always something new for him to smell.

The third is a picture of him chasing us on our four wheeler. He is one of the fastest dogs I've ever met in my life.

The last picture is of him just standing tall and proud. He's just observing his surroundings.

That's my baby boy =)

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Awwwwe ...... he is a very handsome boy! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts